Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How young is too young for a Blaster?

How young is too young for a Blaster?

I'm looking at a Blaster for my 9 yo. He's an average size kid. I think it's a bit too big for him now, but might be almost the right size by the end of the year. (Kids grow so damn fast) I don't want to get a 90 and have him out grow it too fast. How small of a person can ride and handle a blaster? My wife would also be able to ride this, which helps.

The Blaster is almost the same size as the Cobra 90. So that gives me some idea that he could be able to handle it soon

I think 9 might be a little too young,but it really depends on his size and riding skill.i'm 30 and ride one just for playin around and mine's pretty fast.if you're set on a 250,maybe a honda 250ex would be a better choice,the power doesn't come on so hard and fast.just my opinion.
    -2002 blaster
    20inch razrs
    lookin for black rear fender(NOT ANY MORE!!)

I just want something he won't outgrow by next year and hope to get 3 good years out of it. I haven't looked at 250's. I was looking at 90/125's or maybe this Blaster.

Yeah i think that a 250ex would be good for him.

I'm going to get the Typhoon and the Blaster. The wife can ride the Blaster until he's big enough to control it.

mky 13yo rides the hell out of my 03 blaster. he's a little timid when it comes to speed and riding in the power band for sustained amounts of time but he tears it up on the hills and dunes. i dont think i would put my 9yo on it alone without first wrenching in the throttle stop quite a ways. but he could probably handle it on some relatively flat areas.
    2004 400EX in red, the faster color.
    2003 Blaster in black/red. VForce reeds, 14T front sprocket, FMF fatty pipe, Power core silencer, K&N filter.

when i got my first bike i had a 125 cc 4 stroke quad from yamaha i was 10 and my buddy got a yamaha blaster he could ride it fine and i could ride it to so i guess he should be ok just teach him how to use a clutch and you should be all set
    '07 250ex
    20 inch razr tires
    ITP C-series sport wheel

'03 kawasaki bayou 250- Cleaned up
    '04 yamaha breeze-sisters

umm...i tihnk the youngest age for a blkaster would be like 13....if hes nine, look into a honda trx90...theyre the most popular kids machine, and if your looking for A two-stroke, go with kasea or soemthing...bkaster is porbably too big, im 15, and i still hvant unleashed the full potential of my blaster
    Exile-Racing
    Go big or go home.......ill be in my room
    1998 Honda 300ex -- Mine
    2006 Suzuki lt-Z400 -- Dad's

i was 9 when i started riding my dads blaster and i raced it when i was 10 but i have been riding since i was 3, if u dont trust him get him say a kasea(automatic) or a honda(semi-auto)

I got the Typhoon so he can get used to shifting. He's been riding CVT's for 3 years now. He needs to learn how to step up to a bigger quad. I almost bought the TRX 90, but he may only ride the Typhoon for a year and a half before he gets on the Blaster full time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast