Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kickstart conversion

kickstart conversion

I am completley rebuilding my 03 ex for mx, and im wondering if i can completly remove the electric start and have only kick start? any help would awesome, this is my first time rebuilding a quad any advice on where to start would be very much apreciatted.

thanx

SEARCH! this topic has be brought up, beat to death, then brought back up to be beat back to death. there are many post on it.

pretty much you need all the internals from an XR 400 motor, so pretty much by the time you are done with it, you might as well jsut buy a complete XR400 motor and sell you stock 400. you need almost the entire XR bottom end to make it work.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

The it is a easy swap I did it. Won't fit 05 on up because of reverse. all other years are already machined. Big perfomance gain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i would relly like to see some pics of that
    getting back in the game lol got a abused 300ex

I will post more the fly wheel weight difference is unbelievable Gobs more torque

no starter, wire harness, or any other electrical. Also eliminates the rev limiter. so you need no after market CDI

Here is the diference in the flywheel . 2 1/4 lbs. lighter do the math. 38 % more torque on a dyno to the rear wheels. So sometimes when someone comes up with a Question lets not make fun of them . their only try to go faster.. I only ran this set up in practice . This next race it will be used in open A. So tune them big bore 450's. Oh yeah a stroker crank with a standard stroke piston makes 15-1 comp. but you'll need the biggest web cam with alot of valve overlap to kick it. Hot cams do not work.

if you have a dyno chart of your quad id love to see it cuz i beleive u i wanna see what kinda numbers you pull
    2004 Daytona Blue Nissan 350z

wow.....Thats ******* sweet!!
    '00 400ex
    wiseco 440 12.5:1
    port polish
    stage 2 hotcam
    decked head
    450r carb
    2000 tundra oil cooler
    and some other stuff....

2006 LTR450
    DASA Exhaust
    Power Commander
    Custom Intake
    The 440 doesnt hold a candle......

Its a 460 stroker . web cam ,titanium valves. head has a seperate oil cooler. Knife edged crank, home made 15-1 piston. 15 -35 sprocket. going to a 16 to try and keep the wheels down .Head and intake are ported and flow benched ,very thin. The only pipe that makes power is Curtis sparks X-6. tried most of the others . Although at Illinois Curtis Sparks spent some time with us and suggested a shorter system from him. Cutis Sparks FCR carb, All others are junk . been there tried them. We have blown many motors getting this combination right. we try all of are inventions on two other 400ex's The most power increase of all upgrades that is really noticable is the removal of the electric start. Its not the dead weight that makes the biggest difference . Its the recipricating weight. A stock 400 with a 440 big bore X-6 pipe and curtis sparks fcr 39 carb and a 2 lb 6 oz lighter flywheel will pull a hole shot on most other built atvs. Are next project is a Honda 450 for pro-am unlimited I'm sure it will be a rocket compared to the 400. we're using what we have and getting the most out of it . Isn't that what it all about. So you guys that are to weak to kick remember . I you aint first your last!! See ya in Virginia I'll bring the tissues this time so we can keep the mud to the minimum. Steve

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast