Thread: Teixeira Tech Airbox Lifter Kit

Teixeira Tech Airbox Lifter Kit

Well I finally got around to installing their lift kit and it works perfect and seems to be a solid piece. I decided to just buy a new airbox from the local Honda shop for $18 and chop the back mount off. All you have to do is measure up from the lip of the airbox on the back mount 5/8" and cut it off. Drill 2 holes with a 1/4" bit and then countersink them for the 2 flat allen headed bolts. Then mount it up using Loc-Tite. U can keep using your stock front mounts and it puts the lid about 1" from the seat pan. It sits damn close with an EHS lid (actually contacts the back bolt of the lid) like I have with the normal allen bolts, I really need to swap those out with pan heads. It also has 2 holes on the back mount to use for a 450 carb. or the stock 400. You still use the stock hole if you have the Zr adapter. Pretty clean install, which I like. On to the pics...

2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

What's the reason for doing this?
    '02 Banshee

When you put an aftermarket rear suspension link on you need to raise the air box so it does not hit or bottom out since the link lowers your ride height.
    2004 (XC) 400ex
    416 Bore<x>P&P<x>11:1 Wiesco Piston<x>Sparks Racing Rev Box<x>Main-175 Pilot-52 Screw:3.5 turns out<x>Pro taper fat bars<x>Houser stem and Clamp<x>Pro armor killswitch<x>Powermadd handguards<x>450r shocks<x>Motoworks Exhaust<x>Lonestar dual carrier<x>G force axle<x>GTT+2 XC A Arms<x>ITP baja chrome wheels<x>RAZR II Tires<x>Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars<x>over sized oil tank<x>AC racing bumper<x>Galfer wave rotors<x>Uni Filter<x>Pro Armor Skid plates<x>Sparks +6 timing key<x>ODI Rogue grips

Figured that was why.
    '02 Banshee

How much does it raise the airbox? Or I guess that depends on where you cut the tab and drill the holes...
    Current quads:
    - Honda TRX 400EX - fully built 416cc motor and full XC racing setup for fast trail riding and hill climbing
    - Kawasaki Prairie 650 - work quad for around our property and main quad for the wife to ride
    - Suzuki LT80 - kids quad
    - Honda TRX 350RX - my old school hybrid MX quad from the 90's that has a 250R chassis with a built 350X motor and has now been converted into a XC setup

Previously owned several other sport quads and a few trikes over the years.

I couldn't tell you exactly, never measured when it was stock. It puts the lid about 1" from the seat pan though. You will either need to remove the rear bolt from the mount every time to remove the lid or take the metal tabs off the back to take the lid off though. The tabs won't rotate backwards since they sit so close to the frame after it's lifted. I guess you could cut them off higher up if you wanted, but then your swinger would hit it if it wasn't high enough, that's why it gets cut off where it does.
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.