Thread: Rhino Cdi Box

Rhino Cdi Box

I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT CDI BOX WILL LAST LONGER THAN A FEW MONTHS. IM ON MY THIRD ONE, I BOUGHT THE FIRST ONE FROM EVERYTHING OFFROAD IT LASTED ABOUT THREE MONTHS AND THEY STUCK ME WITH IT. THEY WOULDNT TAKE IT BACK ON WARRANTY. THEN I GOT ONE FROM BLACK RHINO AND IT TO WENT BAD THEY ARE SENDING ME NEW ONE, BUT THERE HAS GOTTA BE A GOOD ONE THAT WILL LAST ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP
    97 Banshee
    06 Rhino SE

Buy a Dynatek brand & you should be fine. On ebay for $160 - $180.
    There are 100 different brands, but all are made by 2 companies. Procom & Dynatek. I bet you have had 3 Procom's, they are a few bucks cheaper but you get what you pay for.
    Many companies like BRP, (Black Rhino Performance) buy junk procom boxes & slap their sticker on it then pass them off as their own, so unless you know it's a Dynatek brand box, pass.
    Built 06 Rhino 660 SE.

I heard "Scary Fast" Makes a nice CDI box.
    V-Twin King Quad

"Scary fast" does not make CDI boxes. They buy them & put their own sticker on it. It's most likely the not so good Procomm brand. If it were a Dynatek they would want you to know as it's so much better & widely known to be no comparison.
    Built 06 Rhino 660 SE.

my dad went through the same thing with his cdi box he got from Black Rhino. It was a real pain to start even in the dead of summer. So he ordered a CDI Box from Hunterworks.com and it fires everytime and runs great... I would highly recommend one from them..