Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have decided

I have decided

I am going to order my DRR Drx90 tomorrow. Not going with the limited, but have full confidence this is going to be a great machine. I am sure I will have to do the "spacer" thing and will prolly swap the pipe out for something geared more for lower to mid range.

I have the AC propegs waiting to go on, and now all I need is the aluminum rims and snow hogs.

I can't wait...my son can't wait either
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Good for you you will be very happy
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

great choice

you have made a very good choice and I am sure you will be very satisfied...what color are you getting?

Against my strong urgings I was told Black by the son and the Mom.

I wanted white...but you know how that goes.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Great choice in the DRR allthough white is a cool color. BUt you allways have to listen to the boss and her side kick
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

Dont worry about the color because you can always change it and lately i have see a lot of front one color and the back another actuly quadjunkies is black front yellow back pretty sharp
    and price for bodys are very reasonable. again good for you
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

I have lamented over this decision for quite some time now.

Originally looked at the extreme pretty hard, then the Thumpstar from Wolfpack (which still seems like a good deal) then almost jumped on a costco Baja 125 for 1299. My son is a big time racer and I could put suspension on it and still be about 2G's. Just came down to a lot of stuff to fix off the bat....gussets, clutch, shocks, nerfs, rear master cylinder then no support with the Baja.

Then I land on the Drr. The stock suspension sounds like it may be OK for my boy and I already had a Works rear shock the same size as the stock Drr. The hardened gears, 44" stance, 24mm carb, Koso pipe stock (although I will prolly sell mine for something with more torque), and watching the issues that did come up online handled quickly and without SEEMINGLY much complaining. I am very excited and I won't even be riding it. I think I am just relieved the decision process is over.

I can't wait.

Congrats!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I think as you can see here....things can and will go wrong (even Kawasaki, honda, Yamaha and Suzuki have product recalls)

I have rec'd like 4-5 recall letters on my 2006 TRX450r, so it happens....the 07 KFX80 has had a recall etc..

Not trying to make excuses, but to at least share some perspective on the MX world.

It has they are handled that companies should be judged on.

Make sure you buy from a dependable dealer...

Hey EC Mini I thought you had a White 90 in stock?

Hard to part with huh?

Originally posted by forgiven
    I have lamented over this decision for quite some time now.

Originally looked at the extreme pretty hard, then the Thumpstar from Wolfpack (which still seems like a good deal) then almost jumped on a costco Baja 125 for 1299. My son is a big time racer and I could put suspension on it and still be about 2G's. Just came down to a lot of stuff to fix off the bat....gussets, clutch, shocks, nerfs, rear master cylinder then no support with the Baja.

Then I land on the Drr. The stock suspension sounds like it may be OK for my boy and I already had a Works rear shock the same size as the stock Drr. The hardened gears, 44" stance, 24mm carb, Koso pipe stock (although I will prolly sell mine for something with more torque), and watching the issues that did come up online handled quickly and without SEEMINGLY much complaining. I am very excited and I won't even be riding it. I think I am just relieved the decision process is over.

I can't wait.

My friend's kid down the street has a baja 125....ooops sorry...should I say the repair facility down the street has their Baja 125...They are having a hard time with getting parts so they may just get a refund....Good price and a decent bike, but not much in the way of support...it is more looks than anything else...

Be wary of Baja.....

I have a strong feeling that he will be riding a DRX90 soon....Maybe the one in my living room?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast