Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit is Due

Credit is Due

I was just curious if anyone else is sick of other compaines (Suzuki/Kawi) getting praised for being revolutionary in their atv designs? First with the LTR everyone just raved about the FI as if it had never been done before and then how they "changed" the sport with the FIRST race ready quad off the showroom floor?? We all know this to be false and when you get down to it, the moto was WAY more race ready than the LTR. Sure it's close but you cannot truely go out and race and LTR off the showroom floor, like you could the cannondale. Number plates, killswitches, beadlocks, race pipe, handlebars, different map, and better shocks are all things you still need to add on that the c-dale had.

This bothered me and then the Kawi comes out now and they just rave about the aluminum frame and FI like they changed the entire sport. And all of a sudden aluminum frames are just AMAZING, but i did not hear nearly as much apprasial for cannondales. Sure they went bankrupt but they truely paved the way and just because they no longer make atvs directly everyone (mainly mags.) acts as though they no longer exist or ever did in the first place. I guess they were just ahead of their time, but someone had to do it and they should at least get reconized for it
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Dales were evolutionary in design. Unfortunatly they didn't ever have the marketing to make it truly revolutionary.

In order for a product to become revolutionary one must make the masses beleive they can not live without it.

The dales were an engineering masterpiece. Unfortunatly the Kawi is going to get the credit because it is the one that's going to force the other makers to step up again.

Nothing on the Kawi is "new". It's just a great compiliation of things have been done right.

Aluminum frame = Dale
    EFI = Raptor
    Factory Narrow Front Geometry = ever look at the front of an Outlaw?

All that being said.. the Kawi is a great quad from my perspective.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Originally posted by bwamos
    Factory Narrow Front Geometry = ever look at the front of an Outlaw?
    yes the outlaw does have it as well, but the KFX700 has it also and has been out much longer...

alumnum frame: dale
    EFI: dale again
    narrow frame: roll design, laegers, lsr, walsh
    Planning a comeback...

narrow frame: roll design, laegers, lsr, walsh
    That's why I put "factory" on there.

The Kawi actually has had claims of it to be the first Production ATV with narrow front end gemoetry. (not from Kawi, but by others)

Don't get me wrong I love the new Kawi.

I'm going to be adding a 450 class to my collection (of 1, lol) before the end of the summer and the Kawai is currently at the top of the looking at list. The fabled KTM could be pretty nice too. Their motors rock. Not going to have an aluminum frame or EFI. But. it could have a Chromoly4 frame though since that is what they use on their bikes..
    Brandon -O||||O-

yeah the kfx700 v-force was the first stock quad with the narrow frame. its funny how the mags barely mentioned it on the v-force, now on the kaw everyone wants to make a big deal about it
    Planning a comeback...

Wasn't the 250R the first quad with the narrow front frame geometry?

I would still personally rather own a 250R/Hybrid 400EX or a well-built Cannondale than any of these new quads.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

The funny thing about the frame, save the front end geometry is the fact that they took C-dale frames, figured them out and how to make them more cost effective (ie cast portions) and slapped it into their quad.

BTW I had my reservations about this quad, but it's grown on me...except for the stone seat.

My real worry is if you see the same thing happen to the 450 you see when the KFX 700 hits somthing head on to one side or the other...on the 700, the front subframe bends easy...the alloy should be more ridgid, but I'd hate to have to fix breakage.

TPR

Anyone know the claimed weight of the kfx?
    http://www.newmanflattrack.com

Originally posted by Toadz400
    Wasn't the 250R the first quad with the narrow front frame geometry?

I would still personally rather own a 250R/Hybrid 400EX or a well-built Cannondale than any of these new quads.
    Not from the factory. You had to buy a $3000+ frame to get that. It had front end geometry very similar to the 400ex.
    Brandon -O||||O-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast