Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit is Due

Credit is Due

I was just curious if anyone else is sick of other compaines (Suzuki/Kawi) getting praised for being revolutionary in their atv designs? First with the LTR everyone just raved about the FI as if it had never been done before and then how they "changed" the sport with the FIRST race ready quad off the showroom floor?? We all know this to be false and when you get down to it, the moto was WAY more race ready than the LTR. Sure it's close but you cannot truely go out and race and LTR off the showroom floor, like you could the cannondale. Number plates, killswitches, beadlocks, race pipe, handlebars, different map, and better shocks are all things you still need to add on that the c-dale had.

This bothered me and then the Kawi comes out now and they just rave about the aluminum frame and FI like they changed the entire sport. And all of a sudden aluminum frames are just AMAZING, but i did not hear nearly as much apprasial for cannondales. Sure they went bankrupt but they truely paved the way and just because they no longer make atvs directly everyone (mainly mags.) acts as though they no longer exist or ever did in the first place. I guess they were just ahead of their time, but someone had to do it and they should at least get reconized for it...
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Exactly. You need to post this in the Suzuki or Kaw forum and see what response you get.

you are 100% right with the facts and 100% right for thinking that way
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Again, you are exactly right.

Credit has been due for years, but I get the feeling that Cannondales won't ever be appreciated for what they are and what they did for the sport...
    #76 2002 Cannondale
    DirtSurfers
    Iowa OHV
    IATVHSS

They stated they are the first japenese company
    Kasper Racing
    Mikes Cycle Shop

XFR Extreme fabrication racing

Originally posted by ckasper18
    They stated they are the first japenese company

Well laa dee dah....{sarcasm}

Your probably the first person to catch onto that. It doesn't really mean much to the public anyways. Many don't even know that Cannondale existed.

Originally posted by 54warrior
    Well laa dee dah....{sarcasm}

Your probably the first person to catch onto that. It doesn't really mean much to the public anyways. Many don't even know that Cannondale existed.
    True; a lot of new people to the sport in recent years who weren't around during the days of C'Dale have no idea what they are. I can't count the amount of times I showed up to race at a track and more than half the riders who'd never seen me before would ask what I was riding and if it was fast.

But I have come to love beating those who badmouth out on the track and holeshots.

Honda started the sport quad revolution w/the 400EX and C'Dale started the racing revolution. Things that C'Dale had back in 2001 are finally getting into the industry now in 2007. Sad part is that they still are not as advanced.

The day a Japanese manufacturer brings out a 50" wide quad w/long travel high dollar shocks, killswitch, beadlocks, REAL MX tires, nerfs, number plates, TI exhaust, etc, etc, etc; I will finally say that the Japanese have gotten the balls to contend against American muscle and ingenuity.

Originally posted by soilworker

The day a Japanese manufacturer brings out a 50" wide quad w/long travel high dollar shocks, killswitch, beadlocks, REAL MX tires, nerfs, number plates, TI exhaust, etc, etc, etc; I will finally say that the Japanese have gotten the balls to contend against American muscle and ingenuity.
    Hopefully that is what KTM plans to do.... Although it's not Jap. based, i think that it will continue to push the envolpe and force them to do so...
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Originally posted by 54warrior
    Many don't even know that Cannondale existed.
    My point exactly!!!
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Originally posted by soilworker
    True; a lot of new people to the sport in recent years who weren't around during the days of C'Dale have no idea what they are.

Even people that were around during the years of the C'Dale, not just newbies, were unaware of their existance. I'd say only 50% knew about them at the time, and that number hasn't grown much.

I remember people used to make fun of C-Dales for having FI and all the other gooides. People said it was useless, a waste of money blah blah blah. Now, FI is suddenly this big technological break through and everyone loves it. Ummm, what happened to it being dumb? Just goes to show you how loyal people are to their own brand of ATV. I even remember talking to a friend of mine a couple years ago about FI and he thought it was the dumbest thing in the world. Now he wants one with FI because all the companies are putting it in their bikes and it's the talk of the town.
    2005 Subaru STi
    2002 Cannondale Cannibal
    2003 RM250

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast