Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First ride damage pics

First ride damage pics

Chris
    KFX450R

So they solid welded the front bumper to the frame at the bottom? Or am I looking at it wrong. If they did that was about retarded. Everything else looks common to me. Stock skids are junk, and stock heal guards aren't much better. The stock bumpers are also very weak, but if they welded the bottom mounts to the frame that was a very dumb move.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Palm Beach County and Port Orange, Florida
    Those trees or whatever you hit come out of no where.

No the front fender is bolted on but it looks like he broke the mounting tab off.

I have to say the belly skid and swingarm skid is junk. I modified a yfz belly skid to fit and am getting the GT Thunder sprocket and rotor guards.

I hope you didn't get hurt that looks like a wild first ride...What happened?

Looks like the bumper did it's job though...took the hit and minimized transfer to the frame which would be mucho dinero to repair/replace...

TPR

Aye, I bet that would be a bit more expensive than the other frames to replace.

He definatly didn't baby it. I'm glad to see all the other parts held up well.

Looks like the heel guard was just a bolt backing out?

I'm glad to see that even though the rear skid got thrashed the swinger itself held up well to the beating.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Originally posted by Flynbryan19
    So they solid welded the front bumper to the frame at the bottom? Or am I looking at it wrong. If they did that was about retarded. Everything else looks common to me. Stock skids are junk, and stock heal guards aren't much better. The stock bumpers are also very weak, but if they welded the bottom mounts to the frame that was a very dumb move.
    are you freakin kidding me... becasue thats what i see too............ thats the dumbest thing i've even seen in my intire life... lol
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

No it is not welded to the frame.
    2008 KFX450R

WWW.IATVHSS.COM

Look at how the a-arms bolt to the frame. thats different

Hey...I'll be getting mine soon( the green one) I cannot wait. The a-arms are attached kind of weird. In fact the team I am on took the 1st of 5 bikes they got to Rocky Mountain to have Aarms modified because there is a pin or something so you cant just buy aftermarket a-arms right now (i believe) but should have nerfs and everything I need for next race. Was hoping to have it for my race this weekend, but no dice.

I'll post pictures of the finished product or as it starts getting finished! The seat is pretty stiff I sat on it when we got them at the dealership and wouldn't want to be sitting on that through rough stuff.

Anyway..I have to make the drive to Idaho now. YEA!!! WORCS Rd 4.
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro