Thread: What are the best affordable mods to the lt80?

What are the best affordable mods to the lt80?

Hey all, I just got an 89 LT80 for my nephew for $100. ( the guy told me $100 and get it out of his garage today and its mine) I'm new to this quad so any help will be greatly appreciated. Well it needed a battery first off, runs but rough, but I know it needs a good carb cleaning and a good tune up. It sat for a while. I would like to know some of the best affordable mods that can be done to this lil booger. Would it be worth removing the oil injection system and going with a premix. Do I need to rejet? I've heard that these are rich from the factory. If so what sizes? I know I definatley want him to have a headlight, so I am already pricing them. Would I need to upgrade the electrical system for the light?Ive found some stuff at JL ATV like widening kits and misc stuff. How well is his stuff built? Any parts from other minis swap to this thing to help performance? He wants a green fourwheeler just like his uncle Jon(he's my lil buddy) so, will the KFX80 plastics bolt on? Sorry for the long post. I'm just looking for answers and know you guy have them. Thanks.
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

we have the jl hood light it works fine with the stock electrical system . also have the jl frount end it works great for the $. I would get new reeds and clutch rollers for it there cheep . also a new piston with any used bike is a good thing. and shave the head when you get the new piston and it should run good

How much should the head be shaved? What is a good brand of piston? Or should I go back with a stock one? Aftermarkets are usually lighter arent they?
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

KFX plastic will bolt right up.
    ATVracing1.com has a light, ricky stator also..
    NO, other mini stuff don't bolt on.
    90 main jet (down from 92.5)
    .030 off the head.
    ZUKI PISTONS!! (till 51.5mm)..I agree, might as well freshen the top end up.
    Yes, ditch the injection. Remove the side cover and remove the lil black piece on the end of the crank. It drives the pump.
    Torco GP-7 or Klotz R-50 are my 2 favorite oils..32:1

Performance::Some pipes help, don't waste you money on a 20mm carb.
    Porting and clutchs to match is the way to go but you better let the rider get some seat time first.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Hey, thanks for the info. Im sure I'll be speaking to you in the future.