Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what we have done with our aircooled 90 so far...

what we have done with our aircooled 90 so far...

With an aftermarket filter (unifilter) and 4.5g rollers I thought the 90 aircooled was running pretty awesome.
    With the "2nd version" exhaust, just by changing the rollers it allowed the bike to pretty much stay on the power but still lacked on holeshots.

I finally had a few minutes of free time last night and I changed the head to 180psi. it woke this thing up. Not much testing yet, but it was a very noticable difference on low end and massive up top!

Next step for us will to play with some springs....

yhpm afro
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

got the wheels done finally....

Stilling deciding on nerfs, wait for the DRR's or weld some on now??

update!
    after the head, and rollers, we had to change the jetting big time! and this is what we call the apex killer kit! im afros lil helper, and im telling you this thing is serious. if you have a cracked pipe, go to a welding store, buy two slotted welding tabs, weld one to the expansion chabber and one to the frame, throw in a bolt and walah!
    whatever you do , do not go back to the old pipe, it was ok at the time, but this new pipe is way better.
    next on the list was going to be porting, im not fond of that exhaust port, but with the outcome of this one, im not sure that i want to touch anything.
    btw, first on the list is the airfilter! dont even chance it, throw a uni on and go to a bigger main. not only for the gain, but to save your engine. stock airfilters have never been designed for the demands we put on these machines.
    i believe afro has a kit, air filter, jet, and rollers. im telling you, this will do the trick.
    dont forget, disconnect the injector pump, it removes 50%of the tention on your little ones thumb.
    or before you order one, call afro and tell him to just do it and send you one. for an extra 300, it will scream, have a high quality filter, and outerwear, rollers, head, disconnected oil injector, throttle cable, and welded pipe supports that are easy to unbolt and remove your pipe.

this weekend my son was wornout and didn't wanna race his open class, sowe put NTMX's son on our DRR. Colton is an experienced MXer on bike and we wanted to see what the DRR's could really do!!

Getting a bad start and catching up, he put almost 1/4 to 1/2 a lap on the other riders in our open class, quads ranging from hopped up 140 typhoons, Apex's, honda, and polaris..

This thing was flying and it was good to see an agressive rider that is willing to pass the other quads ...

my 6yr old son playing:

Colton passing the 140cc typhoon that nobody everpasses:

passing the Apex:

Afro,

That's good news,

Our local track just closed for the summer before we even got to try it out.

Maybe I will rent a backhoe and take it to the desert and make my own track?

Is your son kicking his leg up? It looks like he is gonna fly off that thing.
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

yes he's been doing tricks, he watches the big quads at our track, he's got 1 footer and X-ups down pretty good... Momma hates it!!

AFRO,

Are you going to the WPSA nationals? It's sounds like you have the DRR90 motor down. If your going to be there look us up so we can talk motors. Caston McConnell rides for us and is currently leading the ATVA 90cc CVT. We do fair at building motors so we could probably help each other out.

Shane
    WWW.FINISHLAST.ORG

or even old enough for nationals on a 90...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast