Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

WE have the new 07 DRX 90cc liquid cooled mini
    This was our 1st real wk end to go out and test it,were having some issues that were not sure exactly what it is??

1st of all-OVERHEATING
    The motor is completly STOCK

When doing a steep hillclimb, antifreeze starts pouring out of the overflow bottle, about 1/2 the coolant capacity is lost.
    We have had backfiring noises like it was not being grounded enough,but all ground fires are fine AND we are running one extra.
    And then it continues to sputter,not just a backfire, but a sputter...But jetting is right on the money. this has to be prol one of the most evenly colored plugs we have ever had.

We have went threw 2 gallons of coolant.
    Of course we know there is ways to make it run cooler(water wetter,cooler plug) but this is obviously just going to mask the true problem.
    We have 4 days until his 1st race on it and very little seat time .

thanks for any suggestions you may have
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

On a positive note, the suspention was AWESOME!
    Once we get it dialed in, I have no doubt it will make him a faster

he was pretty rusty today but he had alot of fun .

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Didn't you just powder coat your frame. Maybe you didn't scrape off enough paint to ground it real well . Powder coat gets pretty thick
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
    Didn't you just powder coat your frame. Maybe you didn't scrape off enough paint to ground it real well . Powder coat gets pretty thick
    Nope... Its good to go!
    We have had that happen once before, so we dbl .checked that
    The antifreeze issue and overheating is bizarre

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

I guess I should also mention, that it heated up VERY fast running a number plate on the front.Anyone else running a plate on the front with no issues?
    We had to take it off,which did help some but is no where near being reasonable.

Now Im not sure where his number is supposed to go due to racing rules
    The one on the rear doesnt fit right either with the pipe being there. .
    Were about ready to find a new sport. We cant take anymore of this stress lol

If we dont figure things out by tomorrow, I guess Ill pick DRR's brain .

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

We have sold 2 90cc 07 models and have had no problems in fact the lastest sold customer call me yesterday and thank us they picked up the machine Sat. and rode for 4 plus hrs, at a track sun. no problems.
    We know on the apexs if you run a # plate on the frt they can over heat so that might be your problem.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

Don't own a liquid mini but have you checked to see if the coolant was circulating? Not totally sure what runs the water pump so see if it is working?

Or if it may have air in the system had a couple cars do that. Good Luck.

Also I remember on a couple of 250r's I had, the head gasket wasn't cut properly and wouldn't allow the coolant flow, causing one to overheat so whenever I changed gaskets I always checked to see if they allowed proper flow?

Hope this helps.

1st thing we checked was for air in it so that wasnt it either

ecmini1~ that has intesified the problem but it not the problem itself.We could not go more than 2 laps w/o it overheating all day yesterday without any plates on. the plate only made it overheat faster.

I have not seen alot of the liquid cooled ones here yet so Im looking forward to taking and seeing others hopefully in the WORCS series that can give us some suggestions on ythis little ripper.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

You said you did use the bleeder to get the air out?

The water pump is driven off the same place the fan would bolt to. Now we had 1 70cc Apex that had no impeller this could be the issue with yours. Remove the 2 allen bolts on the water pump side and see if the water pump drive is attached to the crank shaft.If so you can split the pump to ck the impeller.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

I ve had my son out practicing on his 90 with no overheating problems we are running a fron t number plate. The one thing I did have a problem with was the overflow bottle leaking. The tube does nt fit the conection very tight and the connector going into the bottle isn t very tight. I used a zip tie on the tube and this seemed to help alot. Before that we would go through alot of coolant and had a major mess to clean up at the end of the day. Our dealer was out with us and he was going to talk with Lou about this issue. Good luck.

Shayden Housley #39

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast