Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any ideas how to plug snorkl from airbx

any ideas how to plug snorkl from airbx

i want to remove the snorkle from the airbox what do you use to block the hole? any ideas welcome....thx

i think nacs sold a block off for it.

Alot of people use spray can lids. Just find one that fits and wa-la. and its free.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

yupp the lid off a spray can is perfect, also with paint there is a variety of colors available lol.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

Nac's Racing website does sell an aluminum "laser etched" snorkel plug for $9.95. I have one installed on my quad, pictured below. Some prefer to use a spray paint can lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

does removing the snorkel help any? it does get in the way when working on the engine...
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

Man that EHS lid looks great. I bought an outerwears box cover but have not yet installed it because I cant quite figure out how it is suposed to seal completely maybe I can copy that aluminim plate design and just go that route. How do you like it? I am currently just running with the lid off but I dont like having to remove the airbox all of the time to clean it out. I would have ordered the NACS racing snorkle plug also but they were out of stock when I wanted one so I used a yellow spray paint cap that matched my quad.
    2005 HONDA 400EX "YELLOW"
    2006 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 Honda CRF450R
    2004 Honda CRF50

Originally posted by Ruby Soho
    does removing the snorkel help any? it does get in the way when working on the engine...
    The snorkle becomes unecessary when the airbox lid is removed or when using a modified lid like what hornetgod13 posted.
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

Originally posted by JOEX
    The snorkle becomes unecessary when the airbox lid is removed or when using a modified lid like what hornetgod13 posted.
    im runnin with no lid and paint can lid with drilled holes in it, not sure if the holes help but looks good.
    05 trx450r

razr2 fronts
    razr rears
    hrc endcap
    pro armor grab bar
    pro taper bars
    pro armor bumper
    moose case saver

SOLD!!!

Originally posted by rescue6
    Man that EHS lid looks great. I bought an outerwears box cover but have not yet installed it because I cant quite figure out how it is suposed to seal completely maybe I can copy that aluminim plate design and just go that route. How do you like it?
    The EHS lid is awesome. It filters a lot of the larger stuff out before it even gets to the UNI filter. It's water resistant as well for added protection. Anyone with some metal working skills and access to assorted nuts and bolts could make one of these. You would need to buy/use an Outerwear lid to cover the opening. EHS Racing sells the entire lid for $80.00 and a kit for $40.00.
    That outwears cover that's held on with adhesive velcro is WORTHLESS! Don't waste your time with it. It fits poorly and the sticky side of the velcro lifts up the next time to go to take it off. Just cut it down and make a custom lid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast