Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 400EX for sale $1000.00 or trade

400EX for sale $1000.00 or trade

I just bought this 400 ex of off another board member. I have a 440ex and I thought this would be okay for my stepdaughter. While I would like her to move out one day, I don't want to kill her. This thing has way too much power for her.

This thing runs great! It looks like it has had a fairly hard life. The frame and suspension seems okay, but the handlebars and all controls are beat. You can ride it, but the starter does not work with the switch on handlebar. You have to jump the solenoid. It has some different lights on it which are not stock. It has a Yoshi slip on which does not have all the correct hardware. There is no rear beake caliper or hose. Tires are good. It could probably use a chain and sprockets.

I am sure there are a couple more things it could use, but the frame is straight, with no welds or repairs visible, the engine runs really well and you can ride it. I think with about $300-400 of shopping on Ebay or this board and it will be pretty nice.

I will take some pics today and could email them to you. It is the one that 400exdude18 had for sale. It is now in Stevensville, Md.

I will not take less than $1000, that is what I paid and it is worth it. I would be interested in trading for a TRX250ex or something similar that is an automatic or has auto clutch.

The petcock is messed up on this gas tank and I have ordered a used tank with petcock which I will include with the quad.

Eric

Could i get some pics im lookingto pick up another project! joshdragonnn@aol.com
    Present Bikes
    1) 87' 250x/350x hybrid
    2) 89' honda 250r

past bikes:
    87' 250r
    00' 330ex
    04' 400ex
    86' lt230s
    84' atc110 blue sweet heart

i can vouch for this bike cuz it use to be mine . this thing runs strong.
    2003 400ex
    k&n filter and full exhaust

too bad you don't live a bit closer, i'd snatch that thing from your hands in a heartbeat.
    250R - LRD, Renthals, IMS, Graydon, Douglas, Lonestar, One, etc.
    300ex - Curtis Sparks, Tag, Clarke, Renthal, ITP, Kenda, Champion, PEP, Douglas, Laeger, K&N, etc.

You could always move to Maryland.

Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
    Could i get some pics im lookingto pick up another project! joshdragonnn@aol.com
    Pics sent!

Originally posted by 400exdude18
    i can vouch for this bike cuz it use to be mine . this thing runs strong.
    Yes, it runs great. I bought it for a friend, but I guess he is a little light in the lofers because he wants an automatic. Oh well, I tried.

I thought about it for my 16 year old daughter, but way too much for her.

Eric

mjpsoccerplayer1@aol.com send pics. i have a 250ex i might be interested in trading for the 400ex. send pics
    thanks

Originally posted by mjpridered10
    mjpsoccerplayer1@aol.com send pics. i have a 250ex i might be interested in trading for the 400ex. send pics
    thanks
    Pics sent!

TRADE!

could u send me pictures? i have a 1991 restored honda 250x that runs and looks great i will trade u if u are interested in it. please PM me and let me know ok thanks!!!!

H250xrider@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast