Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: firefighterjosh XC King Quad 700 Build

Dude, I just read your thread and just wanted to say that you did one-hell-of-a-good-job on your King Quad. What's the racing update? How is your XC season progressing? Results? How well are those YFZ shocks working for you?

You have an interesting quad. I blew up my XC quad in March and bought a new one in April of this year. I'm a big boy from Louisiana and really concidered buying a King Quad, but decided to buy a Raptor 700R in the end. I am building it in sort-of a utility quad way, I'm running 25" rubber all around. Are you still running the All-Traks? How are they working for you? I'm running Maxxis 4Speed tires, 25x8R12 fronts and 25x10R12 rears. They handle pretty well, the fronts steer quite good with a bit of predicable understeer. I am disappointed in the rears. I've only raced them one race with 4 practice runs and have rounded the knobs quite a bit already, I doubt they'll make the end of the year in a useable fashion. I'm gonna turn them around after the next race and start rounding off the other side of the blocks.

Anyway, damn nice quad, I appreciate what you've done.

Here's a couple pics of my Raptor XC racer.

Take it easy,
    Chris
    '09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR XC Racer
    2010 35+B Class Champion

I have only raced it once this year. Been having problems with the ECU and also gas has killed me so I kinda quit racing. I have raced a YFZ450 with gutted exhaulst and cam mod and beat him till about 4th gear (on the YFZ).

The all traks are awesome. WHen I raced it last I started with the sport class. I started last and ended up catching them lol.

some pics

V-Twin King Quad

Yeah, gas is killing me too. I've given up most things but racing, really hopeing to be able to keep racing. We're on summer break till Sept 7, so the break helped me catch-up on things. Also installed a set of Flexx bars since last race so they should really help.

In my series, ATVCCS, the utilities start behind me, about 4 minutes behind, and always catch me and many other sport quad riders. That's what has prompted me to try out bigger tires cause the ute guys weren't fighting the ruts, rocks and mud as much as us sport quads were. So far my big 4Speeds are working well, they make a smooth riding quad even smoother; smooth is fast.

I like your racing pics on the KQ.

Chris
    '09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR XC Racer
    2010 35+B Class Champion

Ya being on a 4x4 is alot more easier in the ruts. But atleast on the king bump steer really sucks. Its also alot of run never getting stuck lol
    V-Twin King Quad

Originally posted by esr250r86
    cool build. It would be awesome seeing a king quad beating some sport quads at the xc races.
    If its xc racing im sure his series has a utility class...although it is fun running down those cocky *** 450s haha

Originally posted by ccdhowell
    Dude, I just read your thread and just wanted to say that you did one-hell-of-a-good-job on your King Quad. What's the racing update? How is your XC season progressing? Results? How well are those YFZ shocks working for you?

You have an interesting quad. I blew up my XC quad in March and bought a new one in April of this year. I'm a big boy from Louisiana and really concidered buying a King Quad, but decided to buy a Raptor 700R in the end. I am building it in sort-of a utility quad way, I'm running 25" rubber all around. Are you still running the All-Traks? How are they working for you? I'm running Maxxis 4Speed tires, 25x8R12 fronts and 25x10R12 rears. They handle pretty well, the fronts steer quite good with a bit of predicable understeer. I am disappointed in the rears. I've only raced them one race with 4 practice runs and have rounded the knobs quite a bit already, I doubt they'll make the end of the year in a useable fashion. I'm gonna turn them around after the next race and start rounding off the other side of the blocks.

Anyway, damn nice quad, I appreciate what you've done.

Here's a couple pics of my Raptor XC racer.

Take it easy,
    Chris
    you need razrs for more percise handling...thats entirely too big of a tire for that small of a quad...youre going to put way too much stress on your axle bearings and youre going to be weaker with a tire that huge...I race 4x4s but trust me bro...those 4 speeds belong on a 4x4. You need 22 in tires at the biggest

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234