Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report Your Problems you've had so far.

Exclamation Report Your Problems you've had so far.

A few threads have included various issues that people have had so far. Let’s post what we have found so we can see if there are certain things that are common.

1) The hard to start problem.
    Engine cold, Choke on, Starter button pushed no throttle. Starts alright the first time but will not want to restart if it dies.

Fix: This seems to be getting better but was very bad at first.

2) Incorrect installation of rubber seal on steering stem upper mount.
    During inspection of the quad I noticed the seal on the upper mount was sticking out about a half inch. During assembly it was not properly inserted.

Fix: I took off the mount and installed it correctly.

Knock on wood that’s all for me so far.
    Lets here from all of you.
    08 KFX 450R
    Pro Armor A Arm, Frame and Swing arm skids, Dominator Bumper, Pro Armor PowerGRIP Nerf Bars and Pro Taper bars.

07 TRX 400 EX
    Pro Amor A Arm, Frame, Swing arm skids and Fat Peg nerf bars.

07 TRX 250EX
    92 KX 250
    Custom Sandrail

The only problem I have had so far is the first start up problem.

The same thing for me, pull the choke, hit the starter button, fires right up. If it dies, it takes me a few minutes to get it started. Now if Im out riding around and say I turn it off, or I magically stall, it will fire right up when its been running.

just went out this morrning to go rip it up and I started up the quad, laid the ramp on the tailgait and I heard the thing quit,Ive been trying to get it started for about 2 hrs, now it time to make my own wiring harness and new injecters and powercommander!!!!

starting of course

and all the bolts in my sub frame that hold the plastic on seem to be striped
    Hornung Cycle

after it dies when started are you guys turning the key back off then on to let the fuel pump pressurize. that was the only way with the old cannondale. just a thought

I agree with quadrider. When I had the KQ700efi, I put it on it's side and it stalled. I kept trying to start it and it would not fire. I turned the key off, then back on and it fired right up. It's worth a try.

rember its injected.our dealer said turn on key listen for pump to stop.then hit button.tet it idle before touching throttle. we had to choke if it sat for long time.also the motor is tight it will take around nine hrs of run time before it loosens up.ours is starting good after six ours.no other problems...

I ve already had it for over 2 weeks, and this morrning when I woke up my garage floor had a **** ton of moister on the floor and when I looked a the side of the motor, the cylinder and head had a bunch of moister on it also. After it quit I pulled the plug and there was water on the top of the piston, so I had no spark, now some stupid cencer wont let it start, OFF TO THE DEALER IT GOES.

i have over 10 hours on mine and now it starts up everytime . just give it time
    oxc # 388

2006 kfx 400
    08 KFX 450R:
    Hipers, Custom axis all the way around,HMF,Gt thunder link, houser , prm,alba,rem,razor 2, flexx bars,quad tech hump seat, elka system 5, Ac, Rekluse

Sponsors: Dirt Works motor sports, Pro armor, oneal, Smith Optics

Originally posted by quadrider
    after it dies when started are you guys turning the key back off then on to let the fuel pump pressurize. that was the only way with the old cannondale. just a thought
    Thanks for the suggestion but that is one of the things I have tried several times. The only thing that seems to work is if it dies, wait about 30 seconds before trying to start it.

As feature05 said it does seem to start better after it is warm from riding. Lets hope they all end up like casey88 said.
    08 KFX 450R
    Pro Armor A Arm, Frame and Swing arm skids, Dominator Bumper, Pro Armor PowerGRIP Nerf Bars and Pro Taper bars.

07 TRX 400 EX
    Pro Amor A Arm, Frame, Swing arm skids and Fat Peg nerf bars.

07 TRX 250EX
    92 KX 250
    Custom Sandrail

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast