Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More QOTM's

Yea but on average no one is gonna vote for an all stock machine, like take my quad for example i've waited for so long to enter my quad (finally did) and it's somewhat stock but I know that i'm gonna lose to an all tricked out quad cus I can't afford to make mine pretty like everyone else.

I think instead of one person winning the QOTM by thereself I think we should have like a runner up and a Hornorable Mention quad also just so the focus just ain't on the quad that wins.

Take a race for example one person just doesn't win it's three people at once.
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    I will agree with you to a point on that one.... To some degree it takes money to build something nice. But you also have to have a good sense of style to make it look good. It doesn't take much money to make it look good.

You don't need much money to take your quad apart, and start painting parts. It's not hard to do at all, and if you do it right even just using rattle can on it can turn out looking really nice, and won't break your budget.

On the other hand, the contest is primarily about the best looking quad wins. You can find a nicely set up quad for 2500-4 grand, sometimes even less than that. And what you are sounding like is that you only want these cheap, pretty much stock quads to win because they are the underdogs.

Yes they are the under dogs, so if you have one of those quads go out there and do something about it. You can go out and paint parts to make it look better, polish the aluminum parts. Clean it up really good.

All else fails, get a job. I worked my *** off to get my quad and build it. I started on it when I was 16, and finished it a year later. All the money I got from that was from selling my old quad, and getting a job to buy my parts. Most of the people with these lower budget quads are people that are within a couple years of how old I was when I started. So instead of complaining that the quads have too much money in them, go out and do something about it.

I will do a 350cc sport class QOTM again to cater to the people that have low budget quads, but remember there will still be people in that class that will have upwards of 10 grand in their quads.

To end this here is a picture of my quad. I got it running and riding after a year of working on it, the picture is about a year and a half after I started the build. The initial build had right around 4 grand into it, which I made myself working part time. In the picture there is another 500 dollars of plastics on it.

Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Originally posted by Honda#4
    I think instead of one person winning the QOTM by thereself I think we should have like a runner up and a Hornorable Mention quad also just so the focus just ain't on the quad that wins.
    Now that is something that might be worth looking into.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

This is the only thing I want to see happen.

I don't know about everyone but I want stuff in life also like a wife and family and a house, so my main focus really isn't my quad it's just there to make me happy and something for me to work on.
    I would love to stick my 9 grand in my quad but there is other things in life that should be more important than a quad..
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    I will agree with you to a point on that one.... To some degree it takes money to build something nice. But you also have to have a good sense of style to make it look good. It doesn't take much money to make it look good.

You don't need much money to take your quad apart, and start painting parts. It's not hard to do at all, and if you do it right even just using rattle can on it can turn out looking really nice, and won't break your budget.

On the other hand, the contest is primarily about the best looking quad wins. You can find a nicely set up quad for 2500-4 grand, sometimes even less than that. And what you are sounding like is that you only want these cheap, pretty much stock quads to win because they are the underdogs.

Yes they are the under dogs, so if you have one of those quads go out there and do something about it. You can go out and paint parts to make it look better, polish the aluminum parts. Clean it up really good.

All else fails, get a job. I worked my *** off to get my quad and build it. I started on it when I was 16, and finished it a year later. All the money I got from that was from selling my old quad, and getting a job to buy my parts. Most of the people with these lower budget quads are people that are within a couple years of how old I was when I started. So instead of complaining that the quads have too much money in them, go out and do something about it.

I will do a 350cc sport class QOTM again to cater to the people that have low budget quads, but remember there will still be people in that class that will have upwards of 10 grand in their quads.

To end this here is a picture of my quad. I got it running and riding after a year of working on it, the picture is about a year and a half after I started the build. The initial build had right around 4 grand into it, which I made myself working part time. In the picture there is another 500 dollars of plastics on it.

really i could not agree more but the underdogs are the ones that have nice looking quads and they bash the daylights out of them i am 15 years old righ tnow and i am saving up for a build and i may 21 by the time it looks as good as the quads of the month but i will show as much pride in it as possible because it is special to me i could care less if i one the QOTHM it would be cool but i dont build sissy trailor queens to win the quad of the month i build to show pride and ride.
    a man is strong and powerful till he stubs his toe on somthing then he is on the ground in tears for three days

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234