Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More QOTM's

There's got to be some limitations and restrictions though otherwise we might as well go back to the norm.

What if we do some sort of quad vs quad thing? Just a wacky idea from my head.
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

i dont know i think we should get some classes together and then get a quad from each month and then pick the one from the 3 or 4 classes and the one that is the best put together or best modifyed should be the winner like if you hasve a 250 ex with all 400ex suspension that is somthing that is out there and diffrent than anything else.
    a man is strong and powerful till he stubs his toe on somthing then he is on the ground in tears for three days

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    If you go and look back of all the quad specific QOTM's I have done...

400ex
    450r
    yfz450
    350 and under sport class
    I do a mini QOTM every year
    hybrids
    connondale/atk
    any 450
    ltr 450
    250r
    banshee
    raptor
    z/kfx/dvx400
    and the list goes on.

Any sugestions that ya'll have I read, and most of them I will eventually go make a quad specific month for.

Also all of you, remember I run the contest here, I will listen to sugestions, but if it takes me a couple months to get to one of then don't act like I haven't listened to you, and go off and try to do some other QOTM contest on your own.

I have an open QOTM every other month. I do that so that everyone can enter, instead of waiting a year, or maybe longer until one comes along that their quad will fit into.

I've gotten a large response for a 3500cc sport class QOTM latley, so next month that is probably what I will do.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Yea I'm liking that idea Mach1stang. How do we go about montoring this? just in case theres someone out there to toy with us.

Actually we could do a Best Build and a Best Modded so there is two ways of winning or two seperate quads that win, hows that.
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

ya i am not trying to tell how to run this but i think it should not be about who can bolt the best part up to somthing anybody could bolt stuff up but if you are putting 400 suspension on a 250 that is very unique to all but if you bolt a +2 arm on a 450r how interesting is that ya know what i mean.
    what i am saying is this is the quad of the month not bolt ons of the month.
    a man is strong and powerful till he stubs his toe on somthing then he is on the ground in tears for three days

Re: More QOTM's

Originally posted by Honda#4
    chance at winning with there own machine rather than competing with a gorgeous looking 450R.
    Isn't that what QOTM is all about? There is not really any pride in winning a QOTM, when the type of quad entered has so many restrictions.

And it's not all about money. There was an all stock 250r that had been rebuilt to perfection, and it ended up in 2nd I believe. i doubt there was half as much money in it than the quad that won. With a little time and know-how, any quad could look as clean as the next.

Not flaming, just throwing my thoughts out there.

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA

Re: Re: More QOTM's

Originally posted by Scro
    Isn't that what QOTM is all about? There is not really any pride in winning a QOTM, when the type of quad entered has so many restrictions.

And it's not all about money. There was an all stock 250r that had been rebuilt to perfection, and it ended up in 2nd I believe. i doubt there was half as much money in it than the quad that won. With a little time and know-how, any quad could look as clean as the next.

Not flaming, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Thank you.

How I run the contest now works for me. Harlen is happy with how I run it, and if he wasn't I would know about it.

I will not be going into any kind of multiple quads winning each month, I will say that now.

Also keep in mind it is not me deciding the winner. It is the people on this site. If they like a decked out 450r over a 250ex with some exotic custom work done to it, than that is who will win. Everybody has their own views on what should be considered a quad worthy of winning QOTM.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

yes that is true but look at some of the recent QOTHM they are 20,000$ quads that anybody could build with money where as i said before if you take somthing and mix it up completly it has more taste.
    no affence to anybody but you give a 5 year old 25,000$ and tools he could build anything that looks as good eveything else.

Originally posted by mach1stang
    yes that is true but look at some of the recent QOTHM they are 20,000$ quads that anybody could build with money where as i said before if you take somthing and mix it up completly it has more taste.
    no affence to anybody but you give a 5 year old 25,000$ and tools he could build anything that looks as good eveything else.
    Not to sound rude, but if that's what it takes to win, then you need to start saving your money. This contest is about showing off your quad to the site, and getting their opinion about it. It's not about separating the classes, so that more people can get a Blingstar bumper or a QOTM title.

i am not saying we need to split them up to where we havea bunch of winners i am saying it would be kinda nice to see sombody win this that was on a budget but i dont know they run this show and i am not going to argue because this is a awsome site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast