Thread: Bad revlimiter

Bad revlimiter

Well i finally got my 300ex together today. I went for a drive and i kept kitting my rev limit really early it felt as if i was driving in 1st gear the whole time. Whats going on?
    --2005 450r (brothers)--
    AC racing bumper....AC nerfs....Hotcam....Yoshimura Exhaust....DG baja skidplates....TAG handlebars....k&n airfilter....

--1995 rm250--
    Works connection skidplate.... Works connection frame guards.... Boyesen clutch cover.... High comp. piston.... port and polished head.... Pro Circuit exhaust.... Boyesen carbon fiber reeds.... PC carb vent.... Kx handlebars.... Ceet cover.... Revalved forks and rear shock.... Bridestone tires.... Works Connection clutch lever....

I thought I had posted to this already. Sorry if I didn't.

You need to clean your N & Rev switch wires coming from the connector underneath the sheetmetal guard behind the rear brake foot pedal.

If cleaning those connections doesn't fix it, you need to clean the big wire harness connector above the coil.

Easy check is to use a multimeter and make sure that when in a forward gear (not Rev or Neutral) that your 2 switch connectors on the bottom or the right sidecase cover are both grounded. ! ned on the wire, 1 on frame should give you a short. If you have any resistance it thinks your in Reverse and it's kicking in the Rev limiter when in a normal gear.

If you dont have a multimeter.. just use alligator clips and temporarily ground both of the wires on the CDI side of the main wire harness. Should not hit the rev limiter anymore.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Ok i'm having the same problem except i have remouved all of the revers wirering and gears (for mx racing) and have an after market (hetrick) rev box + edel.carb yosh. pipe and open air box. Do you think the rev.box is a defect? or the removal of the wires?

please help thanks

i just posted this in another thread, but i'm wondering what you guys found out about your bikes.
    i just built a 250x and it has the same issues.

Well what i did was clean every single wire i had on the bike, cleaned out my carb, adjusted my air fuel mixture and everything was normal. iT just worked its self out.
    --2005 450r (brothers)--
    AC racing bumper....AC nerfs....Hotcam....Yoshimura Exhaust....DG baja skidplates....TAG handlebars....k&n airfilter....

--1995 rm250--
    Works connection skidplate.... Works connection frame guards.... Boyesen clutch cover.... High comp. piston.... port and polished head.... Pro Circuit exhaust.... Boyesen carbon fiber reeds.... PC carb vent.... Kx handlebars.... Ceet cover.... Revalved forks and rear shock.... Bridestone tires.... Works Connection clutch lever....