Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 400EX Current Mods

Nice quad. Not too flashy, but all business. Just my speed. Good work!

Do you happen to have a side profile picture, just like the first one, but with the trail tech clamps/bars installed? I am trying to decide if my steering stem is bent or not. I just installed my Trail Tech clamp kit/bars & the plactic key/light relocator rubs against the plastic above the gas tank. I just can't tell if that is normal or not. Thanks if you do have a picture.
    2005 400EX

Razr II's all the way around on Douglas Quad-Rok rims.
    HMF Slip-on
    Tusk parking brake block off
    Tusk billet alluminum gas cap
    RTC clutch lever
    EHS Racing air box lid

you should go ride the machine instead of showing it off lol, but nice machine
    02 honda recon(sold and missed)

03 400ex sold

04 honda foreman 27' super swampers
    04 f350 diseal super duty crew cab
    96 blazer 4.3l

Tyler

AIM- ferrari1569

looks nice! I like it

Originally posted by quads14589
    you should go ride the machine instead of showing it off lol, but nice machine
    I ride it hard, trust me. It runs better than it looks. I have flipped it once. That's why it has new Steering stem, bars, grips and dashboard.

Originally posted by dnatt
    Do you happen to have a side profile picture, just like the first one, but with the trail tech clamps/bars installed? I am trying to decide if my steering stem is bent or not. I just installed my Trail Tech clamp kit/bars & the plactic key/light relocator rubs against the plastic above the gas tank. I just can't tell if that is normal or not. Thanks if you do have a picture.
    I don't have a picture like you're requesting but, I went out and took a look at mine. When the bars are straight, there is a 3/8" gap between the bar plastic and tank plastic. When I turn the bars to full left or right, there's a 1/16" gap between them. They never make contact.
    A couple of months ago I flipped my quad and had to replace the steering stem and a few other things as well because they got bent. It had bent back far enough for contact to be made. I ended up replacing the tank plastic too.

Originally posted by hornetgod13
    I don't have a picture like you're requesting but, I went out and took a look at mine. When the bars are straight, there is a 3/8" gap between the bar plastic and tank plastic. When I turn the bars to full left or right, there's a 1/16" gap between them. They never make contact.
    A couple of months ago I flipped my quad and had to replace the steering stem and a few other things as well because they got bent. It had bent back far enough for contact to be made. I ended up replacing the tank plastic too.
    Is it expensive to replace the steering stem? That is what happened to me. I wrecked a couple of weekends ago at the dunes. It was a pretty good tumble for my four wheeler. It bent my bars & it looks as if my stem is bent also.
    2005 400EX

Razr II's all the way around on Douglas Quad-Rok rims.
    HMF Slip-on
    Tusk parking brake block off
    Tusk billet alluminum gas cap
    RTC clutch lever
    EHS Racing air box lid

You'll know for certain if you bent it when you remove it. It's sopposed to be completely straight. Mine bent up towards the top just above the upper pivot point where the plastic greased bushing is that hold the upper portion of the stem.
    You can buy a used one on here or Ebay for $20.00 to $30.00 plus shipping. I bought a new one for $48.99. http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi...pg_my_id%3d130
    You might even choose to buy an aftermarket stem but, they are considerably more expensive.

ASV Lever, Trail Tech dash board, bar clamps, and X-Bars (Medium Bend).
    Attached Images Attached Images

My top speed. Not bad for a 235 pound rider.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast