Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 400EX Current Mods

If you think that the 416 piston gave her more power, just wait until you bore it out to a 440. Oh man, thats gonna put a smile on your face
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

Originally posted by hondaking52
    hey seens u got those number plates wat did you do with all of those stickers you had on ur rear fenders? peel em alllllllll off...
    I thought the stickers were overkill and made it look cheesey. I peeled them off and threw them away.

Originally posted by yellow400ex05
    Great build up so far! So I see you like the 416 now that you rode it give us some more detail!
    I have mentioned the test ride of the 416cc piston. Here's what I said above.

The best thing by far was the 416cc 11:1 Piston and Stage 1 Hotcam. The quad hauls @$$. It didn't add much to the top end but, the low end and mid range power, torque, and acceleration were enough to make my neck hurt after a while. I can't help but feel like I bought an entirely different quad.

Originally posted by 416exfreak
    If you think that the 416 piston gave her more power, just wait until you bore it out to a 440. Oh man, thats gonna put a smile on your face
    I doubt I will go 440cc for a long while. After I wear this piston and cylinder bore out I will jump up to a 426cc with HD cylinder studs and than eventually a 440cc.

I'm totally happy with the 416cc Hi Comp Piston and Stage 1 HotCam set up. It feels like I dropped a whole new motor in it. My smile is already atleast 5 horsepower bigger.

Sick 416 mann
    2003 400ex - HMF LSR Durablue Galfer Renthal Protaper
    2004 KX250F Gone
    2002 KLX110 Gone
    2006 Prairie 360 4x4

2005 Civic LX- For sale
    2003 Chevy 1500
    1997 neptune
    79' F150 - Project
    2004 F250 Powerstroke - Pops

Hornetgod- Where did you get your air scoops? They're the best looking ones I've seen.

By they way, SWEET quad. Best looking one I've seen on here!
    '07 YFZ 450 Special Edition
    AC Blackline Bumper
    Sedona Slingshots
    Kenda Klaw MXF's
    G-Force Axle
    DG nerfs

J Clay #9

Originally posted by greenblood01
    Hornetgod- Where did you get your air scoops? They're the best looking ones I've seen.
    I got them from www.metalmasterfabrication.com for 44.95. They came powder coated black and I added the Honda Racing sticker myself. The polished version are a little more. They also sell them on Ebay. With the new shocks I sold those and I'm getting a set of Tinner Scoops Powder Coated right now.

Like it's been said so many other times, nice quad man. Do you keep a running total of the build cost? I'd be curious to know what it all cost you.
    SOLD - '99 400ex - Hotcam Stage 2 | Cometic | HD studs | K&N | 3qt oil tank | Stainless Scoops w/hp adding stickers | White Bros air box vents | White Bros painted/wrapped E-series | 450r front shocks | Renthal | Moose levers | Acerbis | AC Pro-Pegs | Pro Armor Frame/A-Arm skids, Bullhorn style bumper | Slashers | Razr II's | White Bros e-brake block off | relocated battery in air box | upgraded lights | hide-away license plate. Much more to come.

-If you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English, thank a soldier.

Originally posted by DF400ex
    Like it's been said so many other times, nice quad man. Do you keep a running total of the build cost? I'd be curious to know what it all cost you.
    Thanks for the compliment. I've put blood, sweat, tears, and a whole lot of money into making it look and run the best I can.

Purchase Price: $5,800
    Total Mods 46: $6,738
    Total Spent $12,538

Follow this link for a detailed description, cost, and photos of all that I've done to my quad. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on any mod to see photos and descriptions once the page opens. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/gar...icle&vid=11242

Yeah I've been following your build and I would say it was money well spent. You are in the Military right? if so, What base? I thought I remember you saying that you were in the Airforce.
    SOLD - '99 400ex - Hotcam Stage 2 | Cometic | HD studs | K&N | 3qt oil tank | Stainless Scoops w/hp adding stickers | White Bros air box vents | White Bros painted/wrapped E-series | 450r front shocks | Renthal | Moose levers | Acerbis | AC Pro-Pegs | Pro Armor Frame/A-Arm skids, Bullhorn style bumper | Slashers | Razr II's | White Bros e-brake block off | relocated battery in air box | upgraded lights | hide-away license plate. Much more to come.

-If you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English, thank a soldier.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast