Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets hear those ride reports!!!

Lets hear those ride reports!!!

Come on guys, you got your new little toys!! Lets hear how they work!!! If they are kick@$$ I'm going to buy one... I saw one at the dealer the other day and they look sweet.

Everyone gets them and says the same thing... "Well I got it, and I road it a little bit... the throttle response seems great." I want to hear more!!
    AOL Screen Name: dirtbikes4mike
    myspace: myspace.com/mbmorgan
    Check me out, I'm a sex machine.

Having a broken back sucks.

well i got mine on saturday and the throttle response is the first thing i liked about it, it was a little tuff starting but we will see after the brake in. i jumped a 30ft double it was very smooth, but my broth has a yfz and it felt like it did when was stock. and i thought it felt very light over all i liked it alot cant wait to brake it in and take the track.
    oxc # 388

2006 kfx 400
    08 KFX 450R:
    Hipers, Custom axis all the way around,HMF,Gt thunder link, houser , prm,alba,rem,razor 2, flexx bars,quad tech hump seat, elka system 5, Ac, Rekluse

Sponsors: Dirt Works motor sports, Pro armor, oneal, Smith Optics

Thumbs up

All right boys, I unleashed it today. Remember the words (BREAK IN) to me are a myth. But for some reason I did not want to push it hard though. Not just yet. First I had the same problem as above. A little hard to start up in the beginning. But after riding it around for three hours semi hard and opening it up, started like a champ after that. Its very light, and agile underneath me. I was able to flick it around like nothing with probably the best throttle respone I've ever felt in my life. I'm very happy with it. It went over the whoops like they were nothing. Took twenty foot jumps like nothing too and the suspension sucked up the landing perfectly. I don't think I will need to adjust the shocks at all for my weight (200lbs). I don't know why but the tires felt really good to me. I will keep them on it until its ready to buy some ITP's. I was able to do long sideways power slides flinging dirt and rocks like crazy, and the quad would just not want to get on to two wheels no matter how hard I pushed it. Well all in all, its still the beginning, but so far I'm very pleased. I'll keep my updates posted and new pics soon of me riding on it.

Nice nice, thanks for the report. =] Everyone has a different method of breaking in an engine, and they all end up working out fine in the end... Bogging your quad around the first 5 tanks of gas is a total myth.
    AOL Screen Name: dirtbikes4mike
    myspace: myspace.com/mbmorgan
    Check me out, I'm a sex machine.

Having a broken back sucks.

Someone needs to post a bad report so I don't go farther into debt... Not really. I hope it works as good as it seems like it's going to. I'll be keeping the Z for a little longer, probably until prices drop a bit. Keep the reviews coming!

Originally posted by strubby
    Someone needs to post a bad report so I don't go farther into debt... Not really.
    I know how you feel but you are not going to get a bad report from me!

I'm a big Honda fan but have owned almost everything.

I picked mine up on saturday and after checking it over and doing my break in, I pulled the baffle out and opened it up. I was very Happy/Supprized by the throttle responce!

As you can tell by my Sig. I had a tricked out TRX set up for MX. This one is going to be more of a play/woods machine.

I'm really happy with the power and handling for a stock machine.

Seems like all the Fuel Ingected machines that I have riden or been around are cold blooded, This one seems to be the same.
    '08 KFX 450R & '05 Prairie 700

41yr old Racer/Rider & The AMA ATV Congress Deligate for District 22.
    WWW.IowaMX.COM WWW.IATVHSS.COM
    For Sale, Parting out '04 TRX 450R My Parts Thread

2008 Sponcers: www.DigitalTrend.us KunkelConstruction.us , Hickman Racing, Scott USA, TAG-One Industries, Oury, K&N Filters, Mothers, Carbin Fiber Works, Miaer, & Thor. Thanks Guys!

They sound a lot better than I sounded when we got our 04 450R home. I wish I had ridden one before I bought it. I've ridden a Suzuki and Yamaha and neither really turn me on any more than the Honda.

Compared to my yfz it just feels light and nimble. I really think once you put some aftermarket parts on it will be killer in the woods or track. The stock form reminds me of how the yfz felt when it was stock. But it sits up more like a honda 450R. Really like the handlebars felt right on to me. When your sitting on it the front tires dont seem to be as far forward as on my yfz.
    Hopefully we dont start hearing problems with the frames breaking. Its very narrow up by the lower a-arms. Only time will tell.
    OXC#199

07 yfz450

Rode mine for the first time on Sun. I too had the problem of hard starting at first. After break in, it starts just fine. Shocks seem to work ok. After pushing them in some rough sections the rear started to buck. The steering is very light and works well. Throttle response is great and I still have the baffle in. My one issue is the seat. The seat is like setting on a brick!! My last quad was a 05 TRX 450r set up for XC with cam,pipe, derisi racing shocks. After this quad gets a pipe,shocks and seat it will be great!!

Well here is the second report of my KFX450R. Took it out to the sand dunes and trails today for another 3 hours. With stock tires on, it still flew right the biggest dunes like nothing. I played around in those for awhile and then went straight to the dirtbike trails. The quad man handled the whoops and sharp turns like nothing. I found myself actually going to fast sometimes but I never over shot a turn, the quad is just too flickable because of weight and throttle response. Later in the day I went out to some flat rodes and opened it up. To me the gearing is really short like a dirtbike. When you already start jumping through gears your at a high speed very quickly. 4th gear is a monster, it pulls nasty, I kept running out of room before I could make it to 5th gear. Maybe next time. Well on wednesday I will take out to the track for some nice jumps to finish my first 10 hours so I can give it the first oil change. So far nothing has gave out, and trust me when I say this, I abused it today. Keep you posted later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast