Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STARTER NOT WORKING, JUST CLICKING

Unhappy Someone Help!

I have a problem with my 300EX. It just wont start. I thought that it was the battery so i went and bought a new one today. It does the same thing. When I hit the start button all it does is click. It has a new battery so i know that isnt the problem. So does anyone know what the problem is?

your selanoid (sp) is probabley bad. I would check all of your connection to ground and make sure they are all clean and tight.

Yeah it is probably your selanoid. our riding lawn mower does that somtimes, and we just take somthing hard like a wrench or hammer tap on it, and it will usually work. Check and make sure the wires are connected good first (you may have to twist them on the bolt a little). If you do that and it still doesn't work then try tapping it with something solid.
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

I've tried tapping it with something but no luck......I'm goin to go out and tighten them up.....maybe they are loose or something

Welp i went out and all the bolts are tight and it still wont do anything. I'm starting to think that my starter is bad.

Yes it could be your starter too, but make sure before you go buy a new one. (like the battery)

you might try tapping the starer too, somtimes the starter will get hung. I think that is whats wrong with our mower, not our selanoid. I can't remember cause it has been a while since i've used it.
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

Thanks atomic and stevo. I'll try tapping my starter too. Hopefully that is all that it is. Hopefully the starter isnt bad.

Atomic thank you....all it took was a tap on the starter with a hammer. You just saved me some $$$$$$. Thanks again

that tap was not a permanant fix. It will be doing that again....start saving some $$$ for a new starter.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

check your fuses

i had the same problem with my 400 adn my recon its probably a fuse. if your fuse is good then it is your selonoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast