Thread: i need help

Question i need help

i went riding the other day and it was pretty muddy..after i went riding i washed my quad and when i was washing it i tipped it back on the grab bar to get the mud off easier ( which helped alot )..and now it wont start?..i changed the oil, oil filter, cleaned my K&N filter, drained the card of gas and cleaned it..o and checked the plug and its fine..why wont it start? any help would be great..
    -08' Kawasaki KFX 450r
    -2011 Yamaha yfz450R
    -Some goodies

D15 Race Series

will it turn over?
    2006 450er
    some holeshots with beadlocks, and pro tapers, get off me!

open and close the throttle for a little while and then try it if that doesnt work i dont know what else
    2006 450er
    some holeshots with beadlocks, and pro tapers, get off me!

did you turn the gas off when you tipped it up? if so did you turn it back on? i will admit there was once that i had the tank off of my 400ex and when i went ot start it after reassembly, it wouldn't start. took me about 10 minutes to realize that i didn't turn the gas back on...

i did turn off the gas and then turn it back on when i was done..its turning over..just doesnt start..im clueless on what could be wrong with it...i cleaned my filter again and it stil doesnt start..
    -08' Kawasaki KFX 450r
    -2011 Yamaha yfz450R
    -Some goodies

D15 Race Series

the cold doesn't help...my wifes 400ex is like that in the colder weather...try hooking it up to a car battery, but do not start the car...

make sure your plug wire is good. i had a problem like this awhile back and when i replaced the plug boot it started right up.
    also make sure there is fuel in the carb.
    water could be in the spark plug boot as well
    2005 trx 450r