Thread: Hot Cam

Hot Cam

i see hot cams has a cam for the 300ex now. has anyone tried this cam yet. you dont have to pay a core charge and it dont say you have to change to hardened rockers.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Yeah i would like to know myself,i doubt i will get one though as i have a web cam and a sparks cam already for mine.I am a bit curious though as far as the specs...
    426ex,lt250r banshee and kfx700 v force,yz250 mx bike

anyone find anything out on this?
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I'm currently getting one put in mine right now. I should have the motor back next week and I will let you guys know how it runs. We also got it bored to to a true 300, ported, and put on a 400ex carburator.

I have one on order from C&D right now. I will probably be doing a stock bore 11:1 compression piston stock head no porting, stock rockers and springs, and a stock carb, with a White Brothers Full exhaust and a Twin Air Filter. So it will be a pretty basic setup. So we will see how she runs. I think it will be a great drop in cam for a little more zip on the little old 300
    2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

No more quads for me!!!

I will probably be doing a stock bore 11:1 compression piston stock head no porting, stock rockers and springs, and a stock carb, with a White Brothers Full exhaust and a Twin Air Filter. So it will be a pretty basic setup

Dont be surprised to see how good it runs.I had the almost same basic setup while i was building my other motor and with just a 11to 1 wiseco and a 400ex carb with a exhaust system i was doing all kinds of crazy things on that quad.At 6ft 1 215lbs and 34yrs of age,im not your typical 300ex rider.It runs badazz for a "kids quad"

then my stepson ought to have a ball on this thing.......it'll have a +2 Laeger swinger and +2 burguard a arms. She should Rip
    2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

No more quads for me!!!

here are the specs off hot cams web site.

Intake
    Intake lift (mm): 7.5
    Intake lobe center (degrees): 103.5
    Intake duration (degrees at 1mm): 238
    Intake valve lash (mm): .10
    Exhaust
    Exhaust lift (mm): 7.5
    Exhaust lobe center (degrees): 103.5
    Exhaust duration (degrees at 1mm): 232
    Exhaust valve lash (mm): .15
    Note: Divide mm values by 25.4 for inch
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Yeah those look like numbers from a "torque cam".Im sure it will have more mid than stock though.