Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats better air or liquid

Whats better air or liquid

So whats everyones opinion and why? I can order either air or liquid cooled. Were goind to race this DRX2 70 in GNCC.

If you live in PA I would say heat won't be a huge issue so I would go with the air since it is 100 bucks cheaper. Additionally if you want a high compression head it would be cheaper with an air...I believe.

2 cents given
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

also right now there are way better cylinders available for the air cooled motors than the water cooled.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

when I place our 1st order I asked Lou for his advise on this subject..

Air cooled has way more performance upgrades as of now, was his answer.. Exactly what I had been thinking!

I trust Lou and order the aircooled!

The air cooled is faster in stock form due to the performance of the head, but that will be addressed in the near future.

or

just get some head work done and you will have a high performance water cooled quad. Wouldn't that be done for any type of racing anyways?

Not really an expensive thing to do, so I wouldn't shy away from the water cooled versions in the 90cc quads in warmer areas.

We even have 44" wide water cooled DRX50s arriving next week, along with a bunch of water cooled 90s.....

I will try to post some feedback once they can be run side by side.

That should be an interesting thing to test out

But yes, Lou is the best!! I call him Yoda, since he seems to know the answer for most things....

the head design is not really the bad part. it is the cylinder and the placing of the transfer ports. the air cooled cylinders are better in this area which means you can do much more in porting one. not saying things cant be done to the water cooled cylinders just as of right now you can get more out of porting with a air cooled cylinder.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Thanks for the input. I believe we'll be ordering he air cooled model.

There is an approx 6 HP gain from a new GO FAST cylinder thats coming avail. any day now for the liquid cooled.
    We are on a waiting list for one, cant wait to see how it does
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Whos making the go fast cylinder kits
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

Buy a drx 70 water cooled. remove cyl. and throw in trash. goto cycleimports.com and buy a METRAKIT cyl. Install cyl and tell your kid to hold on! These cyl have wicked power out of the box. with a little case modification you will get even more. Just my opinion. I have one and there totally reliable. I will never swith to air cooled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast