Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 DRR Limited in the shop, GNCC testing at rd#2

2007 DRR Limited in the shop, GNCC testing at rd#2

Well, as much as I hate to dive back into a mini quad, we felt we did not have much of a choice. For one, Cody would be very limited locally as to being able to race his 300ex, two, he is still so short he cant lift the 300ex off the ground. This could be a real issue 8 miles from help during a GNCC.

So, after letting him race the opening round in Florida on his 300ex (pretty confident he would not have any issues with the track) we have decided to go after some wins back in the 90 Production class. I made a few calls, watched intently at the race and had it narrowed down to either a Apex or a DRR. After contacting DRR from somewhere on I-95, we now have a black 07 Limited 90 here.

We just finished assembling the unit and although we could not do much of a test ride tonight, are pretty satisfied with it out of the crate. I geuss the best way to describe it is a mini that has the most popular mods done or included from DRR. Oil tank removed, kill switch installed (which is not working and will need to be fixed) AC Nerfs, Uni filter and MX tires and wheels, along with a different head and exhaust. The clutch has been modded also.

The next round for us is saturday in Georgia, and Cody has his sights set on the podium. A Hetricks air box is on order, and hopefully I can get it modified and installed prior to the race.

I will keep this thread updated on his progress, on how well the DRR is doing, and a follow along as I tear it down for gusset work and some new colors.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

You made a wise choice with the DRR Kenny.

Yea if I wasn’t up to my a@@ in E-Ton…………….. DRR. It wasn’t supposed to be this way I had his 70 engine sold for enough to get a 90 engine, that was a wash……… misc no more than a grand we were racing the 90 class………… but then something went bad wrong…. I quit counting at five grand. But o well he loves his E-Ton he’s raced them for five years now. I was just thinking the only thing I think is from the stock quad five years ago is the brake leavers. LOL
    Kyle Kozura #5 / KMK Motorsports
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

http://kylekozura.com

A very Special Thanks To :
    Root River Racing (Rich & Rod)
    Reimer Racing (Paul Reimer)
    ATV Fourplay (Tom)
    Hetrick Racing (Michelle & Rich)

And always in loving memory of Bubba Pap-Pap "Kizzy" and Grand-Pap Gene

Great choice!
    We just finished up our build on Brandons and hes testing his Long travel setup this wk end and will be racing round 4 of WORCs on his .

Congrats and I hope he enjoys it!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Pappy, come find find us at "the General" and we will compare our DRR's. Charlie is #44 and Sadie is #66. Both are red and race in the 70 prod. class.
    cw
    Charlie-GNCC#6
    11 MAXC 90 PROD champion
    09 GNCC 70cc ATV Champion
    08 GNCC Bad @$$ of the Year Award
    Sadie-GNCC#19
    11 GNCC 70cc Champion
    11 MAXC 70cc Champion

Thanks RC Motorsports-Ron Kersey & Family, GT Thunder, DRR, MAXC Racing, Rath Racing Spider Graphix, Maxxis Tires, Leatt, RaceDayPix,

Originally posted by cwjr
    Pappy, come find find us at "the General" and we will compare our DRR's. Charlie is #44 and Sadie is #66. Both are red and race in the 70 prod. class.
    I saw them at the Florida round, Welch correct?

Correct!!!Thanks for the pictures.
    cw
    Charlie-GNCC#6
    11 MAXC 90 PROD champion
    09 GNCC 70cc ATV Champion
    08 GNCC Bad @$$ of the Year Award
    Sadie-GNCC#19
    11 GNCC 70cc Champion
    11 MAXC 70cc Champion

Thanks RC Motorsports-Ron Kersey & Family, GT Thunder, DRR, MAXC Racing, Rath Racing Spider Graphix, Maxxis Tires, Leatt, RaceDayPix,

OK, had the quad here for a few days now, but thanks to 8 inches of snow tuesday morning no seat time.

Hetricks XC airbox arrived, and I knew going in that it was not designed to fit the new DRR, but it IS installed and ready for the GNCC race. Had to trim a corner of the clutch side fender mount, and added 2 zip ties to secure it, but the fenders themselves hold it snug enough to keep it from moving. A trim was needed to shorten the air tube to make it fit correctly, but thats it.

So far, the only issue we have had was with the factory kill switch. The scotch lock they used to tap into the coil wire was not fully seated and prevented the switch from working. It works now.

First impressions are that for the $$, this is miles above any other stock mini we have had.

Lets see, pack up an unriden and untested mini, drive 11 hours and put it on the front row of the GNCC 90 Mod class.....

That is exactly what we did. With the addition of a Hetricks airbox, the quad was as shipped from DRR. We did not even have time to adjust the stock shocks! After the race I asked Cody about the DRR and here is what he had to say....

"It handles great, steers fine and although the shocks were soft they did not do bad. It has decent acceleration in the woods but needs more power for the starts and long field sections"
    Attached Images Attached Images

I swapped out the supplied Maxxis Razor front tires for some Holeshots for better performance in the mud.

At the start, Cody was towards the back of mid pack going into turn one, but made up a few spots pulling out of the first and second turns
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast