Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walker Fowler's 300EX?

Walker Fowler's 300EX?

Anyone have the specs on Walker's 300EX? I'm particularly interested in the front suspension.

Icould not tell you specs but I know it is a very well set up atv. It sure seems like it is plenty fast.

It looks like 450R shocks with dual rate springs. The spindles look like 400EX so I assume the a-arms are also. He also has a shock relocater. Can't tell anything about the rear.

I'll be at the GA race so I can find out more there. I'd like to build a Sport Class GNCC quad and the front end is the hardest part to figure out.

im pretty sure that its a 400ex swingarm in the rear they redew the mounts and make it basicly into a 400ex rear end and thats why it sits so low my friend is getting that done to his 300ex by gt thunder and i think thats who set up walker fowlers

in order to run a 400ex swingarm you need to weld link mounts onto the frame which means its illegal to race. i know a guy that was trying to use a no-link 250r swingarm and shock but i dont know if he ever got it to work. if you could post a picture i could probably tell you what he has.

this is from the rule book at gnccracing.com
    1. Production Rule (ATV): OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements and frame modifications to permit longer rear-wheel travel are permitted
    these are the rules and it sounds to me like if making a new mount permits longer wheel travel it is legal

If they are using the same production rules as the Pro ATV class in GNCC then you can do about anything you want to the suspension.

I do not know where the limit is for frame modification by reading that...wonder if you can just cut the front end off a 450R and put it on a 300ex or have an aftermarket frame and get away with it

He is running 450r shocks, and JB suspension, a cam and exhaust
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Dan229
    If they are using the same production rules as the Pro ATV class in GNCC then you can do about anything you want to the suspension.

I do not know where the limit is for frame modification by reading that...wonder if you can just cut the front end off a 450R and put it on a 300ex or have an aftermarket frame and get away with it
    No no welding to change front end geometry. That's why you use a bolt on shock relocator.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

bwamos, go reread the 2007 rules and show me where it says you can't weld anything this year! I can't find it. It only says that modifications are permitted.

I have an email in to RP about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast