Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Z400 VS Moto 440 VS YZF/CRF Hybrid

Z400 VS Moto 440 VS YZF/CRF Hybrid

Someone recently asked me my opinion on which they should buy, and this was my response:

Z400- $5000
    custom axis Shocks- $2000
    Lonestar parts- $2500
    HMF pipe- $389
    Keihin 39FCR carb- $549
    wheels & tires- $1000
    Misc items- $500

Here you have a bike that will outperform the MOTO three ways from ****, and wont break down every other ride. This bike will hang right with the 426, and parts are much more accessible. Plus it is brand new, not used and abused like a YZF/CRF would be. and resale will be tons better than with the YZF/CRF, because these hybrids are so specialized no one will want them in a few years.

Just my 2 cents

What do you Guys think about this?

Johnny
    Last edited by CPW; 10-03-2002 at 02:07 PM.

That sounds good to me. The only problem is I hate Suzuki.

The hybrids would be nice to have because their custom and one of a kind... But if I had the cash and wanted to ride right away and not worry about alot of maint..the moto would be my choice. the Z would not be a choice for me at all..

The C-Dales aren't breaking down anymore!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

wasn't intending to put down c-dales

Jeff:
    No disrespect to Cannondale, I think they are a great company with great ideas,I just think that they haveproven themselves to be very unreliable at least from what I have seen and heard

Johnny

I agree that the 01's and early 02's had some problems but it seems the late 02's and all the 03's are fixed. I've been riding my late 02 hard for over a month now with not a single problem. Our 03 demo is problem free too. After 14 years I finally found a quad I like better than the 250R.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

i'd go with the moto... No way that could out handle or out power a moto and the moto is built for racing.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

I rode a Moto 440 today at my cousin's shop and OMG that was the most wicked quad I've ever ridden. If I only had 12,500 sitting around and raced mx. I wouldn't hesitate buying a new c'dale if I had the money. Don't get me wrong, I love my EX but the Moto is addicting. I left the shop covered in mud and went straight to work with one **** of a grin on my face. I have raced against the z400's and haven't been overly impressed with their performance. They are not that much better than my EX, even when it was stock. Moto all the way.

Ray
    1999 400EX-99 Hetrick Racing 416 motor, FCR 39mm Carb, Hetrick Racing full exhaust, 2000 pc'd and gusseted frame, 450R shocks w/ GTT springs, Elka converted rear stock shock w/ GTT XC link, Hiper wheels w/ Holeshot XCT's, Graydon Nerfs and steering stabilizer, PRM Bumper and full skids, Wave rear rotor, TrailTech Computer, Sidewinder Ti-Moly Chain and Sprockets, Cycra handguards, +1 Steering stem and Protaper bars

07 DRR 70 Built by Hetrick Racing, w/Elka Shocks

wow

wow you guys are all about these c-dales huh?

Thats cool I guess, but every race I go to I see them laying all over the place broke down!, and every pro that I have talked to that rides for them is very uhappy!!!!!

Heh to each their own, and I hope things start to work out for c-dale they have put in alot of effort, and I applaud that.

It's just that I personally wouldn't ride one right now even if they gave it to me, in fact I even had the offer and declined.

As I said I really do think their working hard, and have ggod intentions, but they have a long way to go!!!

Please don't be mad, I'm just stating my opinion.

Johnny

No one is mad! Their pro riders aren't that great tho!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast