Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are some things i need to know before i buy it.

what are some things i need to know before i buy it.

before i buy a blaster i want to know some info....... its a 02 runs great and is very nice.... I hear they brake alot.... what breaks on them.... i am not a tough rider and i dont break my things alot... WHat to i have to watch out for..... it has already nerf bars racing pipe.. and full skid plate.... i know its 2 stroke... any info you guys can give me..

the brakes are the only bad things about them... the rear brakes mostlikey dont work on it.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

did you every have a problem in the cold... my neighbor blew his engine in the snow and said that when i get it i should get an oil block off kit or something like that..

all im going to say is 2 strokes are a lot of maintenance. But, the brakes must be better than my 250ex. They seriosuly dont even work, they are so bad. I ddi a lot of things to fix them and nothing works
    2007 Yamaha YFZ450 SE
    DG Nerfs + Bumpers, LRD Full Exhaust, No Toil Air Box, Velocity Filter, Jet Kit

2004 Suzuki LTZ-250
    Uni Filter, Yoshi Slip On

2002 Arctic Cat 375 4x4
    Stock

2002 Honda 400ex
    Stock For Now

2003 Arctic Cat 250 4x4
    Stock POS

Suzuki RM-125
    Stock except for brake upgrade

2003 Honda 250EX
    SOLD

2006 Arctic Cat DVX250
    SOLD

Originally posted by jojohead
    did you every have a problem in the cold... my neighbor blew his engine in the snow and said that when i get it i should get an oil block off kit or something like that..
    yeah you will deffenetly want to get an oil injection block off kit. they go for about 30 bucks and are fairly simple to put on. the blaster is a good machine but there are better. how much is it? it won't matter if it is in the cold or not, your friend's blaster was just messed up and it could've happened in warm weather. i'd say go for it if it is a reasonable price.
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

Originally posted by jojohead
    yeah, get an oil injection block off. the oil might have gotten thicker from the cold and cloged the line that injects the oil. overall the oil injection system iis really unreliable, but other than the oil injection, the breaks should be the only thing giving you a problem. if you keep it maintained, it will run great for you.
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

Originally posted by Tater049
    all im going to say is 2 strokes are a lot of maintenance. But, the brakes must be better than my 250ex. They seriosuly dont even work, they are so bad. I ddi a lot of things to fix them and nothing works

Thats kinda funny,,,,,,, & everybody thats got a 2 stroke knows what I'm saying.
    I guess if you dont know, you just dont know, as in how to take care of one.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

If your friend blew his motor when it was really cold it was probobly running lean because he did not re-jet for the cold weather, don't let this scare you from 2-strokes though, jetting is easy, atleast in this case, just step up a jet size or two.
    An oil injection block off is a very good idea and can be had for less than $30, I made mine in the machine shop at school for free.
    88 Blaster
    Vito's 240
    BIG mikuni carb
    reed spacer
    FMF pipe
    Banshee front shocks
    Polaris rear shock
    Kenda Klaws

2000 Jeep Cherokee
    Flowmaster 40

yes it failed becasue the oil got thick and the lines got messed up... so if i get i will get the oil block off kit... It alrready has nerf bars... pipe alien silencer... and shock cover things and a full skit plate.. and comes with a trailer..

domt need to buy one you can make one.
    you take the oil pump cover occ and you putt he hoed off and you find some hose that fits on them. then you take a plyers (sp?) and heat them up and pinch the time so it closed and dirt cant get in. then you do the same on the carb. so dirt dosent get dirt in the motor and you take ovv the case cover and you pull off the white gear in there to run the oil pump. that waht the parts shead did to me and they carged me 30 bucks for it and they didnt even put a block off kit in it becase i was able to put the oil injection in it and it was snt had to undo what they did, it was easy, just really rich
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast