Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250r questions

250r questions

my buddy is looking around for 250rs, he wants to get something mostly stock, especially engine wise.

anyway, he rides open places and trails, mostly with me and someone else. ive ridden stock 250rs and there not to powerful stock, so i know he would have a blast where we ride with one.

now for the questions.

1, i have a 406ex with stage 3 cams jets and wiseco 86mm piston, (hmf full on its way..). if he got a pipe, would he wreck me completley? ive only ridden stock R's so i dont know th epower of a modified one.

2. lets say he gets one with a fresh topend, how long will that last?

3. its just like any other 2 stroke right? mix gas and run it like that right?

thats all for now
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

1, i have a 406ex with stage 3 cams jets and wiseco 86mm piston, (hmf full on its way..). if he got a pipe, would he wreck me completley? ive only ridden stock R's so i dont know th epower of a modified one.
    yea he will prolly beat you, but why does it matter, go out there and have fun, but i dunno how good of a rider either of you are

2. lets say he gets one with a fresh topend, how long will that last?
    depends on how well he takes care of it

3. its just like any other 2 stroke right? mix gas and run it like that right?
    yea 2 strokes are 2 strokes, you still have to do preventive mait. on them tho, you just cant "mix gas and run it"
    Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgment.

05' YFZ450-Elka, Fasst, W.E.R., Curtis Sparks, Pro Armor, Champion, ASV, Pro Design, QuadTech, AC, PRM, maxxis/ITP, oury, powermadd

YZ 250- pro circuit, total control, weisco, oury, renthal

KX 500--to much to list

reason i asked if he'd beat me, is to see what kinda of power and speed it compars to.

lets say he takes great care of it, will they last as long as a 4 stroke would?

i know you can't just mix and run, i just said it like that instead of saying "premix the gas" etc..

but ya, hes movin from a kawasaki prairie 360, i dont think its that much of an upgrade considering i went from a 90 to my 400 and im doing fine

where do u ride in ct.
    1987 honda 250r
    taper bored 42mm carb
    open k&n filterw/outerwears
    Bills complete pipe
    power madd hand guards
    port&polished motor
    330 bored and stroked w/wiesco ski doo piston
    roost boost
    rear 20inch kendas with beadlocks
    23razors on front

I don't think he'll beat you with just a pipe. They are pretty slow with just a pipe. But, the difference is......all he's got to do is spend about $100 and a couple hours of time and you'll be seein' his tail light. 2 strokes make a huge amount of hourse power from just bunping up the compression. Change the dome, a gasket, and get a descent port job......man he'll be GONE!
    TRX330r (Parted Out)

06' LTR450 (Stolen!!!).......R.I.P.

06' CBR600RR (SOLD)

TRX250R - The classic, the legend, the icon, the BEAST!!......the reason ATV's are where they are today.

Originally posted by goldrims04
    where do u ride in ct.
    i live in newtown, you?

lets say he takes great care of it, will they last as long as a 4 stroke would?
    sure will depending on how hard it has been ran, and when it was rebuilt, or if it was rebuilt at all, i would put new rings in it every 4-6 months though, and keep everything greased up, keep the trans oil changed, airfilter cleaned

but ya, hes movin from a kawasaki prairie 360, i dont think its that much of an upgrade considering i went from a 90 to my 400 and im doing fine
    you have to remember 400s are pretty easy to ride, its a 4 poke that is geared real low IMO, a 2 stroke is a different story tho, it isnt quite as easy to ride.........

05' YFZ450-Elka, Fasst, W.E.R., Curtis Sparks, Pro Armor, Champion, ASV, Pro Design, QuadTech, AC, PRM, maxxis/ITP, oury, powermadd

KX 500--to much to list

Originally posted by oldskoolex400
    sure will depending on how hard it has been ran, and when it was rebuilt, or if it was rebuilt at all, i would put new rings in it every 4-6 months though, and keep everything greased up, keep the trans oil changed, airfilter cleaned

you have to remember 400s are pretty easy to ride, its a 4 poke that is geared real low IMO, a 2 stroke is a different story tho, it isnt quite as easy to ride.........
    thats true, but i dont think a completely stock (or w/ pipe) engine would be to much for him. modified i do think it would be way to much for him. i do see what your saying though. thanks for the answers

What is the normal maintance for a 250R? I know you have to premix the gas and oil and such but what else?
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

2007 ltr450: gone but never will be forgotten

no offense, but get a manual, i dont have time to explain it, you should be able to pick up alot of info on here though

thats true, but i dont think a completely stock (or w/ pipe) engine would be to much for him. modified i do think it would be way to much for him. i do see what your saying though. thanks for the answers
    have you ever ridden one? an inexperienced rider goin up a hill hit the powerband and catch traction, thats an ugly sight right there.....

KX 500--to much to list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast