Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen one of these? Baja Storm?

Has anyone seen one of these? Baja Storm?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=&browse=

Looks exactly like a Typhoon. Has anyone seen one of these in person?
    Awesome price if they are the same.

I have seen them, but I have never looked at a Typhoon in person. Pep Boys also carries Baja. That is were I saw them.

the cheapest iv seen them so far

i just put one together out of the crate. they have none of the upgrades that the xtreme 125 has. they do not come with the bottom frame brace or the steering stem collar. xtreme has also reinforced the subframe. you get what you buy

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

I would think that doing the updates myself, to make it on par with a Typhoon, would be cheaper than buying a Typhoon.
    I'm assuming that this is possible.
    Just looking for opinions.
    If it wouldn't be worth it I will just go with a Typhoon.

you can probably do the updates yourself. you would also probably have to buy all the parts from xtreme. also is there any dealer support or are you on your own once you get it. a guy that bought 2 of these off ebay called us this week and wanted to know about setup and upgrades. so he bought from them but called an xtreme dealer for support. i would ask these questions before i purchased one.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Just buy one! I have one, with the money you save you can do it all your self and have money left for more goodies!! It mfg. by the same mfg as extreme! same bike! If you want any goodies call extreme they will take your money weather its a baja, bam-x, or extreme!

According to the pic in the ad, it runs a different motor with manual clutch?!?

So these are The same machine as the Typhoon? How can they be almost $1000 cheaper? I understand that the typhoon has some updates but I can't see a grand worth. I do understand that you will probabaly not get dealer support which means that I wouldn't get a discount on parts or labor if needed. The warranty might be hard to deal with if there are problems. That's were a dealer would come in handy. I'm going to have to check with Costco to see if they have any type of Warranty or return policy that is available.
    I normally wouldn't purchase without going through a dealer. This just seems to good of a deal to pass up.
    Still on the fence!

I’ve purchased 2 of the Baja Storm 125s for $1,299 each delivered from Costco. The interesting thing is that the frame actually has the Xtreme label applied directly to the Baja Frame. The cover of the manual says Typhoon Sports 125. Besides 50% of the bolts being loose, the machines seem to function well. Not a bad deal…………………..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast