Thread: 450 burning oil

450 burning oil

My grandpa has a 2004 450es foreman and lately it has started using oil like crazy. there is no way that the rings are bad because hes a grandpa, it gets babied. There really shouldnt be any reason for it to be blowing smoke and using oil when its only 3 years old with minimal use. Has anyone heard of this problem????? Any help is appreciated.
    Ride Red

01 Black 440ex
    03 Lifted F250 6Leaker on 37" Nittos

Missin the 450 but will get another when Honda plays catch up....

well, regardless of who rides it, sounds like the rings are shot anyway, could be valve seals too, but i highly doubt it
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

it has to be rings, or it could maybe, maybe be valves, check your compression. how much oil are you talking about?
    '01 440 EX-12:1 JE piston, 41mm FCR carb, KBR/Venom P&P, Boss Noss 20 shot, Stage 2 Webb Cam, +1 KW valves, Full Sparks X-6.

it has to be rings, or it could maybe, maybe be valves, check your compression. how much oil are you talking about?
    '01 440 EX-12:1 JE piston, 41mm FCR carb, KBR/Venom P&P, Boss Noss 20 shot, Stage 2 Webb Cam, +1 KW valves, Full Sparks X-6.

i had a 96 foreman 400 and itwas burning oil like crazy and it was never rode hard..... but yea it was rings that were bad... so im sure its the same on yours
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK