Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlaw exhaust

I'm not sure what or if any modifications are needed for the 525. I've just got a 500.
    06 Outlaw 500, B.O.D.3/2/06, Muzzy slip on, Dynojet Kit (175 main, 3rd needle clip, elevation 3500ft), Airbox lid off, Protaper Contours, AC Blackline Propegs, Spidergrips, Powermadd, ITP Holeshot HD, PRM Baja grab bar, DynaFS CDI, Magura Hydraulic Clutch.

Well went riding today with my buddy who has the Outlaw with the HMF and I with the Muzzy, we only were able to ride for about 45 minutes before I tore about a 3 inch chunk of side wall out of my Holeshot HDs. As far as the comparison between the two pipes we were not able to do much comparing but what we did notice is that the HMF with sparky and quiet core and my Muzzy with just the sparky is that the HMF was quite a bit louder than the Muzzy is. The pipes seem to add about the same power. My buddy rode mine and I rode his and he said that the Muzzy felt like it pulled a little bit harder than his HMF. I did'nt notice a huge difference when I rode the HMF, but he said he felt that the Muzzy makes a bit more power. We are going again sometime this week after my new tire shows up, so we'll see how that goes, hopefully we can ride for more than 45 minutes.
    06 Outlaw 500, B.O.D.3/2/06, Muzzy slip on, Dynojet Kit (175 main, 3rd needle clip, elevation 3500ft), Airbox lid off, Protaper Contours, AC Blackline Propegs, Spidergrips, Powermadd, ITP Holeshot HD, PRM Baja grab bar, DynaFS CDI, Magura Hydraulic Clutch.

Hey, good write up, sorry the tire tore out on you; that sucks! As far as slip-on's go, you probably will not notice much of a difference from one slip on to another but what you may notice is that one of you may be jetted better than the other. Most of the time, pipes are about the same unless you compare a full to a slip-on. Most of the time, slip-ons are a matter of looks because, like I said, they almost always match up the same. The Muzzy is a good looking pipe so I think you made a good choice, but I think you and your buddy will be almost neck and neck with all things even.... Again, good write up and great looking quad!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

muzzy fits 525

added the muzzy to 07 525 outlaw,fits great,looks and sound real nice,kept quiet core in place,still may not hit the 96 db that the forrest service wants,but its pretty close,power level was actually more than i expected,increased low and mid to such a level i rarly had to rev engine out,still need to perform jetting and the air box mods,i mostly ride at aprox 4000 ft,this weekend temp was in the high 60s...perfect riding conditions

Originally posted by nytfr8
    well i just creamed my pants.that thing is ****ing sick!!!!
    northern atv mx #69 championship winner.

2003 polaris predator
    pure polaris pipe
    maxxis razer 2's
    KandN drop in filter
    pro taper contours
    pp nerfs

Originally posted by MEOHMY
    Rapturds are for Yamaha fans that were to afraid to ride a YFZ.
    thanks to my sponsors:
    roberts sports center
    Elka Suspension
    polaris racing
    Maxxis
    Nac's Racing

Nytrf8... how's the 170 jet holding up on yours, I have a full HMF running at 165 main with stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on screw and K&N with airbox off, wondering If I cant go up one more jet. I'm in middle Georgia so no real altitude at all. Lemme know If you have any advice.

Thanks,
    E.Z.

DASTUMP, I ended up going to a 175 dynojet, it was running just a tad on the lean side, seems to be about perfect now with the 175.

i got my muzzy full exhaust. were did your buddy get the rev box ?

I believe he bought one from off of ebay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12