Thread: Recon 250 Es upgrades?

Recon 250 Es upgrades?

My wife rides a 2002 Honda Recon 250 ES. Now that my 400ex is pretty much done I want to improve her quad. It's mostly stock except ITP Mudlites, K&N with no lid and jetting. What the best low cost upgrades? Suspension, exhaust? What would you do? Thanks...
    2001 406EX, AC pro peg nerfs, AC front bumper, Armadillo full skids, +2 A arms, Lonestar +4 axle, 450R front shocks, rear redone by TCS, ITP wheels w/rear beadlocks, razr front, 18" turftamers rear, White Bros full exhaust, Hotcams stage1, K&N filter in aluminum airbox with relocated battery, Air scoops, Denton steering stabilizer, Acerebis hand guards, Steel braided front brake lines, Fullbore race cut front plastic, Maier rear plastic, Moose levers, case saver and shifter, Pro motion clutch cable, Renthal sprockets.

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH

Re: Recon 250 Es upgrades?

Originally posted by speedphreake
    My wife rides a 2002 Honda Recon 250 ES. Now that my 400ex is pretty much done I want to improve her quad. It's mostly stock except ITP Mudlites, K&N with no lid and jetting. What the best low cost upgrades? Suspension, exhaust? What would you do? Thanks...
    Suspension... it's the single best improvement you can make to any quad IMO. A full set of Works econo shocks (front & rear) would do the job. Next would be a pipe...something along the lines of an HMF slip on. Those would be the 2 best options without sinking too much cash into the quad.
    I am now quadless...

Re: Re: Recon 250 Es upgrades?

Originally posted by 300exOH
    Suspension... it's the single best improvement you can make to any quad IMO. A full set of Works econo shocks (front & rear) would do the job. Next would be a pipe...something along the lines of an HMF slip on. Those would be the 2 best options without sinking too much cash into the quad.
    I agree,with the the recon ur kinda limited to the upgrades u can do.
    -2007 450r
    Maxxis Razor 2
    Tusk Pro Peg Nerfbars
    Billetanium Steering Stabilizer
    Motoworks Exhaust

-2002 black 300ex
    Maxxis Razor 1

-2006 honda rancher 400AT
    200lb winch
    mud bug tires

-2004 honda rancher 350
    1500lb winch