Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who actually has a mongoose quad rly?

Originally posted by red4ever
    hondas better
    Well you might want to see what company makes parts for your Honda.....their name is Kymco

Kymco has produced parts for ATVs and Motorcycles sold by Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki for years, they decided they could just put all the parts together themselves and sell the units at a lower cost.
    ATVs

ATV Parts

06 Mongoose / KXR 250
    AC Nerfs

07 Mongoose / KXR 300
    AC Racing Black line Pro Nerfs

07 MXU 150

Lead - follow or park~
    just get the hell out of the way!!!

Id highly doubt it. I think I read somewhere in an atv sport magazine that kymco is tawianese? honda's and all of them are japanese...
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

92% of teens have switched to rap music, if your part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

Got a Honda ATV? We need these forums rolling: Check out

http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/index.php

(Put Jbacon for referrer)

Ask Jesse Skarvek (sp) how he likes his KYMCO..........He is one of the fastest youths in the country. Look at WPSA and ATVA results.............

Yes Kymco does produce parts for the other manufactures. I really don't like the mongoose 300 though. My friend bought one for his girlfriend and it is tall a narrow. My daughters TRX 250 EX is the same width but doesn't feel near as tippy. One problem I see with the Mongoose 300 is it is an entry level quad with an automatic transmission and easy to tip over. Its the perfect combination for a beginner to jump on and get hurt because they don't know how to ride a quad.
    My friends girlfriend wanted an automatic because she didn't want to think about shifting. Guess what, she just got thrown off going around a corner on a fire road because she wasn't leaning. She was just setting on it giving it gas just like I warned him about when he was looking at buying it.

I am not saying it is a bad quad other than I really think they should have made it wider since it is a tall quad.
    Kymco's are better than Chinese quads but I will stick to the big guys myself.
    08 KFX 450R
    Pro Armor A Arm, Frame and Swing arm skids, Dominator Bumper, Pro Armor PowerGRIP Nerf Bars and Pro Taper bars.

07 TRX 400 EX
    Pro Amor A Arm, Frame, Swing arm skids and Fat Peg nerf bars.

07 TRX 250EX
    92 KX 250
    Custom Sandrail

Red4ever why come here and say hondas better shut up no one cares what you think thats like the 450 guys coming into our forum and pissin us off just shut ur mouth

btw nice blacklines
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

chipworkz is right the Mongoose 250 and 300 models are not as safe as they could be.

They need wheel extenders in the back.

They also need front A arms extended.

I have a 2007 Mongoose 300 in orange that looked great... I have ridden in Tower City PA for about 8 months. Another issue is the semi sport quads are not meant for PA trail riding....thats another post though.

First good snow storm I went out on my 300 to try some small donuts nothing crazy.

1st one almost tipped.....2nd one, sides up on 2 wheels, going over almost, but I pushed the opposite way with my weight and set her on all 4.

I thought maybe where I was trying was too icy underneath so went to an empty parking lot through her into a donut and met the snow covered asphalt.

I was wearing a padded coat and helmet fortunately as I smacked the crap out of the side of my body and head.

Quad landed on me,,,,, cracked the left rear plastic, and broke a 5 by 8 square piece out of the left front fender.

Im going to trade it for a Polaris Sportsman 500.
    ATVs

ATV Parts

06 Mongoose / KXR 250
    AC Nerfs

07 Mongoose / KXR 300
    AC Racing Black line Pro Nerfs

07 MXU 150

Lead - follow or park~
    just get the hell out of the way!!!

Originally posted by WickedQuad
    Im going to trade it for a Polaris Sportsman 500.
    thats safer for doing donuts
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

The one on the right is a Mongoose 300. The rider's name is Dan McCaunnaghey, and he races GNCC for factory Kymco, and also races most of the District 14 harescrambles. This was last year (at a D-14 race), this year his is on an MXU500 in the 4x4 lites class. He ran the Mongoose in the GNCC Sport class last year and did very well (consistent podiums and a couple wins if I'm not mistaken). His Mongoose was insane, there was pretty much nothing stock on it. It wasn't particularly fast in the open, but it was amazing in the woods.

That's me on the left on my 2WD-converted '97 500 Scrambler, holeshotting him to the first turn. I could usually smoke him pretty good from the dead-engine start to the woods, but once we hit the woods he would pass me and was gone.

The second pic is at another race, and shows how much I could pull on him from the start in 150 yards before the woods entrance. That's about the only time he ever saw the back of my quad.

I do and it runs great....

the Kymco people make all the parts for honda kawasaki yamaha and suzuki

So they said screw it we will sell our products at lower price.

Plenty of them blazing around PA
    have you lost your mind? they dont make yamaha parts for a fact and im 99.4% they dont make honda suzuki and polaris parts ....yamahas parts are alll! ALL all made in japan and the usa and for the original posrt answer there a good atv for a year then they falll apart a friend of mine had 1

Well you might want to see what company makes parts for your Honda.....their name is Kymco

Kymco has produced parts for ATVs and Motorcycles sold by Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki for years, they decided they could just put all the parts together themselves and sell the units at a lower cost.
    Just Honda... Kymco was actually once part of Honda Taiwan before splitting three ways a few years back. One became known as Kwang Yang Motor Co. aka KYMCO, the other Sang Yang Motor Co. aka SYM (Can Am's partner). The manufacturing processes stayed in those factories, Honda still purchases components from them as a supplier now, instead of being internal (outsourcing) like GM did with Delphi, Ford did with Visteon, etc.

My Can Am DS250 engine is a Honda design, using the Honda CN250 scooter engine components. The Kymco 250 looks the same. Now you know why...
    2008 Can Am 650XT
    2008 Can Am DS250 with FPP Performance Clutch Kit
    2004 Arctic Cat 90 2-stroke with FPP hot trail engine mods and PEP shocks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast