Thread: Changeing rocker arms

Hybrid View

Changeing rocker arms

I just bought a set of harden rocker arms and was wondering if anyone had any advice(maybe a trick) on removeing the pins that hold the rocker rods in. And are they reuseable?
    www.finishingforums.com

I just replaced my whole valve cover, it wasnt too hard. I used a socket style allen wrench for all the bolts except for the 2 that are too tight to get to. Those 2 I made sure the allen head was a nice tight fit before wrenching it open. I had to use a long socket (like a pipe as a breaker bar) to get those 2 off. They were lock-tited from the factory, so they come off with a "snap" to em.

Good luck, protect the mating surface, use a block of wood or something.

oh yeah, they are re-usable. Keep note of where the pressure washers go for re-installation.
    2000 440EX GT Thunder 440 and Cam, Black Diamond oversized valves, Edelbrock Qwiksilver Bored for 440, Elka's (front) Mac Daddy in back, +1,+.5 Houser A-arms, Black (not so shiny anymore, dont get it!) Maier

LSR Axle, Big GUN, Duncan +2 steering stem, Pro Tapers, Magura Hydraulic Clutch, Cycra Pro-bends, AC Nerfs, Douglas Red Labels, XC's, CEET Seat Cover.

just take some pliers and pull them out, try not to tear them up though, you might want to put a rag on them first so you dont tear them up.
    ..............................330ex..........................

GT THUNDER
    www.gtthunder.com

?? Pliers? maybe I mis-understood what you were asking.
    Last edited by two_baaalls; 10-01-2002 at 10:03 AM.
    2000 440EX GT Thunder 440 and Cam, Black Diamond oversized valves, Edelbrock Qwiksilver Bored for 440, Elka's (front) Mac Daddy in back, +1,+.5 Houser A-arms, Black (not so shiny anymore, dont get it!) Maier

LSR Axle, Big GUN, Duncan +2 steering stem, Pro Tapers, Magura Hydraulic Clutch, Cycra Pro-bends, AC Nerfs, Douglas Red Labels, XC's, CEET Seat Cover.