Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 500 on the MX track...

Outlaw 500 on the MX track...

I just got my 06 Outlaw about 3 months ago and I think it is time to mod it! I will be doing these mods in the near future so that it is still an insane trail machine (like it is now) but so that I can also have a fun day at the track with it. I am not looking to race it competitively. I just want it to be a fun ride and to handle nicely. I know that with the IRS it takes some practice to get it to slide in the corners but I have been working on this and it does not seem like a problem at all to me. What I was looking to do was put a kill switch (I don't know which one), a pipe from aaen performance and an air filter kit from aaen performance. The pipe gives a claimed 8 h.p increase over stock (which is the highest I have found so far) and the air filter is less restrictive. I was also planning on getting a new set of rims and tires but other than that the quad seems preety good in stock form with the exception of the above mods. What do you guys think?
    '06 Outlaw 500- HMF Bill Balance full exhaust, ITP MXR6 tires all arround, ynojet kit, AC Racing Nerf Bars, Fasst Co. Flexx Bars, Vortech twist throttle.

Still need to install-trail tech vapor computer, 13t front sproket

07 BMW 650i
    06 Escalade ESV
    04 Wrangler Unlimited

I'm pretty sure Big Chuck on here Mxed his outlaw last season with good success. I think it matters more in how good of a rider you are and not which machien you ride in c type class racing.

My 525 will more then likey hit a couple mx races totally stock this season sence we don't have any scheduled harescrambles this year close by.
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

Hey Big Chuck, you out there?! How did you like MXing the Outlaw?
    '06 Outlaw 500- HMF Bill Balance full exhaust, ITP MXR6 tires all arround, ynojet kit, AC Racing Nerf Bars, Fasst Co. Flexx Bars, Vortech twist throttle.

07 BMW 650i
    06 Escalade ESV
    04 Wrangler Unlimited

I have the aaen intake kit..and its nothing special. Its not a complete 8 hp increase, i don't know where they got the numbers from, but thats way too much for just a pipe and air filter. All the pipes are going to be around the same performance...

To be honest, i've never seen the aaen
    pipe on an outlaw...it's just been hmf and pure polaris

This is what it looks like on the outalaw..

07 BMW 650i
    06 Escalade ESV
    04 Wrangler Unlimited

Well, i take that back. Someone from predator owners first ordered it, but they sent it back cause of the ****ty job and it didn't fit right. But that was a year ago when the outlaw just came out...I guess its worth a try, but don't expect 8 hp gain

What pipe do you recomend or have any experience on with your outlaw? BTW...I still can't get over your front wheels! They are the nicest looking atv rims I have ever seen!

07 BMW 650i
    06 Escalade ESV
    04 Wrangler Unlimited

Not much in the way of pipe selection other than the Polaris duals (slip-on only) for $800, HMF for a little over $200, and the AAEN slip-on for $349.... They will all be pretty close in performance so it is whatever you like the look of better and how much you are willing to pay! The HMF is by far the cheapest and they have good quality and great customer support. I would also think you could get the can powercoated whatever color you want as well (for $20 extra....). I had an HMF slip-on for my Z400 and it was nice with a good sound (and an available quiet core that doesn't rob power).
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Muzzy should have an exhaust out for the Outlaw soon.

it would be nice to see a smaller profile, maybe oval, pipe for the Outlaw! Something that looks similar to some of the pipes for the LTR450 would be nice!!!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast