Thread: 240 vs. stock cylinder

Lightbulb 240 vs. stock cylinder

I have a 240 kit installed with a 3mm crank. pro design intake with 34mm keihen carb, v-force 3 reed cage ported to the intake and aluminum airbox with k&n filter. pro circuit pipe and silencer. I don't have any porting done to the 240 cylinder and it runs awsome I think. What I was wondering is if I do a drag port or a full on mx port on the stock cylinder, add a wiseco piston and shave the head and install it on the current bottom end along with my current intake settup, will it pull harder and longer. Why I ask is with less rotating mass of the big bore it should rev faster creating more hp over a broader band I think. I'm running 18 inch tires and as long as I gear it, it should pull like a mother. I run 110 race gas anyway so gas isn't a problem for the porting. I am also thinking of lighter flywheel. I was wondering what some of you thought. This is my wifes quad right now but it will be my daughers race quad when she's old enough to race, which I hope she does.
    if we were racing for beer......you would lose!

personally i would keep the 240jug and have it ported for the power that you want. yeah the stock cylinder will rev a bit quicker, but the 240 will always have more torque, which helps get you out of the corners quicker. a lighter flywheel is a great idea, it definetly helps. I have a ported stock cylinder, and while it is very strong in the mid and topend it lacks the lowend needed for XC racing, which i have gotten into...
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

hey dude iwas gonna build a +3 stroker with a 240 kit what kind of kit do you have a vitos? or a ct? how sat does it go? thanks!
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...