TRX477ER - some dyno results

Here they are - my '06 TRX.

Mods are:
    14.5:1 BW 99mm piston
    Ported
    HotCam 2
    HRC header
    WB E2 exhaust

The red and blue lines are from the 450, HC2 and WB/E2 only build for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck
    '06 Venom Performance Modified TRX511ER
    61.57 hp and 37.96 tq

what dyno did you take it to?

you going to glamis this weekend?
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Originally posted by 250r4life
    what dyno did you take it to?

you going to glamis this weekend?
    This was done at KMS Performance in Phoenix. There should be a few things explained about these numbers too. The earlier run was done with STD correction and this one was with SAE correction, so the gains shown are less. The STD correction (which most ppl use) will show about 1.0 - 1.5 hp higher than the SAE corrections. So, you have to really add another 1.0 - 1.5 hp to the top lines to get a pictire of what this motor is really putting out. Also, we ran short on time and didn't have a 172 main to run a last test that would have added about 0.3 hp to the runs.

In reality, as it will be configured to run in Glamis, this motor is putting out close to 55 hp and 36 lbs-ft of torque.

It's enough to pull a solid 4th gear up Olds Hill - which on this quad is about 55+ mph... And this is a full weight quad with my 250 lb arse sitting on it.....

For comparison - in order to run 55 mph on a stock geared 86 250R, you'd be in 5th gear up that same hill...

Next trip for me is wknd of Mar 3rd.
    Chuck
    61.57 hp and 37.96 tq

UPDATE *********************

I had KMS replot the data in STD....

Low and behold, the number went up!

Best runs are actually 54.24 HP and 35.26 TQ for the largest endcap on Oxy fuel.

The one run I didn't have before got a replot - I will share this tonight - This is the 2nd largest endcap running C12 fuel and it ran 54.02 HP and 35.36 TQ and was a tad rich

Between the STD correction, oxy fuel, smaller endcap, and rejet to 172 main from 175, I really believe this is hitting 55 HP.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Here is the STD correction runs
    Chuck
    61.57 hp and 37.96 tq

STD correction runs.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck
    61.57 hp and 37.96 tq

it takes a 14.25:1 477 to get this?

Why not indicate who ported your machine? You trying to hide that?
    --------------------------
    ...Having a blast on my 70HP Dynojet tuned 500R!

Yep, it took a whole whopping extra 29cc's to get the HC2, stock intake and E2 slip-on to make 54+ with a recreational port job that was a bargain for what it gave me. It doesn't matter who did it - so why bring it up? So you can slam that person here? Sorry Chode.

Yep, that 29cc's sure is giving me all that power.

You on the other hand have to resort to major porting, destructive Web 208 cams and all sort of custom crap to barely make 54. There's nothing left for you, because you can't do much more than you have... because you don't know how...

You can slam all you want. when the smoke (from your exploding engine) clears, I will have reached an easy 60+ and you will be cleaning the floor of your shop that was littered with the parts that flew out of another one of your motors that couldn't hold together.

You said in another thread - and I quote "you will never go past 55 hp"....

Oh, this will be fun. I not only get to see you eat crow, I will post it all over the place in the process - why? Because you convinced me that you were a nice guy - and I fell for it, then you came at me personally in order to build your own ego. I felt sorry for you at first, but I had you pegged all along.

Chode - you are a fraud.

Watch your company interest die out after people find out the boy behind the mask.....
    Chuck
    61.57 hp and 37.96 tq

Originally posted by sandmanblue
    Chode - you are a fraud.

Watch your company interest die out after people find out the boy behind the mask.....
    Don't get mad at me cause you attack ppl that don't agree with you Chucky. You build is IMO weak being a 477. If that bothers you-then so be it... Your mad at me cause this is true to you deep down, and I'm not the only one saying this either... many across the net thinks this too, your just too close minded to listen that you were robbed being its a 477..

you aught to be careful about your public slandering of my business, chucky.. your posting can easily become evidence when you direct specifically slanders.... my point is you better be prepared to 'prove' what your claiming... just because your hidding behind a keyboard does'nt mean your childlike name-calling behavior can't be identified...
    --------------------------
    ...Having a blast on my 70HP Dynojet tuned 500R!

I dont see anything worng with chucks 477, it makes good power for what he as done, and will LAST!!! i think your beef is with the builder, but i guess grate motors that STAY togeater week after week is a bad thing???

how old are we seriously.
    03 400ex- far from stock.

85-atc 250r- bored to a 280 with all the goods.

04- crf 50/ 88 big bore

05-ARGO 8X8 amphibious
    06- RANCHER 400.
    08-TRX 250ex.

prev rides- yfz 450 se, 3 400ex,300ex, 200x, 250sx, crf 88, xr 107, xr 88,yamaha banshee, yamaha enticer 340, mxz 583, cbr 1000rr, trx 90

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast