Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 525 factory jetting issue?

dzklrz, thanks! I am actually right around 1200ft myself here in OH so I will just start there. Were you running with your lid off too or still closed up?
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

lol

working on it already! /you got the point./as far as benefit yes no hole in you piston is the benefit.

Re: lol

Originally posted by lappy
    working on it already!
    And your point?
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

seriously, never heard of a carbed quad that couldn't benefit from a rejet at low temps... Thanks for the info guys.
    -Walt
    2008 KTM 525 XC GNCC Quad
    2003 Cannondale 440 XC Quad
    2008 YFZ 450 XC Quad
    2006 Kawasaki KLX250S Dual Sport Bike
    2002 Scrambler 500 XLE Trail Quad

Re: lol

Originally posted by lappy
    working on it already! /you got the point./as far as benefit yes no hole in you piston is the benefit.
    Oh, oh, wait, I got your point.... Wait...nope, I lost it....

It's not like they are broke or are having problems, it is called smart! Sorry we do not have FI like you do. But, $4 for a new main jet or $250 for a fuel controller to do real adjustments for your quad....hmmm, I will take $4 thanks!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Here are some suggested starting points JD sent me.

Try running the following-
    Stock pilot jet
    1 3/4 turns out on fuel screw
    Red marked needle in the #5 from top clip position
    #170 main jet with airbox opened up
    (#162 main jet with standard airbox)

The Blue marked needle is a close alternative, and I would use clip position #3 from top as a starting point.

Oh calm down 700yellowraptor, damn meant Lappy. Still getting all your name changes confused. Just because your famous quotes of "best trail bike ever made so eat it" followed by the pic of your yellow raptor in every Polaris post has no merits now doesn't mean you have to get mad and be a hater.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

Also, lapdog, please go back to your Raptor forums and stop posting useless CRAP in the outlaw threads. There is no use for you here! I did notice your one post about how this site has become "so pro-polaris".... Maybe there is a reason eveything is so pro-polaris; IT'S BECAUSE YOU SPEND ALL OF YOUR TIME IN THE POLARIS THREADS! If you had something productive to say, it would not be so bad, but to this point you have been useless and disruptive to the Outlaw threads! You must be really worried about the 525 if you spend so much time in here trashing it.... I know I don't spend any time in the Raptor forums because I don't give a crap about it or if it is faster that my 525... Please go away and stop wasting our time!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by eerhard09
    Oh, oh, wait, I got your point.... Wait...nope, I lost it....

It's not like they are broke or are having problems, it is called smart! Sorry we do not have FI like you do. But, $4 for a new main jet or $250 for a fuel controller to do real adjustments for your quad....hmmm, I will take $4 thanks!
    yes buy a quad and make sure i get jets b4 i leave b/c i want to rejet b4 i ride, hey sounds great.---you guys must love working on them more than riding them.hi PaleRider i mean Evasiveone

Thanks for the info guys, i've got the JD jet kit on order. I here that you can just swap the needle when the summer tems come around, that's cool! how bad is the carb to get to? i haven't even seen the 525 'Law in person yet, and don't know how much of a pain it will be to rejet?
    -Walt
    2008 KTM 525 XC GNCC Quad
    2003 Cannondale 440 XC Quad
    2008 YFZ 450 XC Quad
    2006 Kawasaki KLX250S Dual Sport Bike
    2002 Scrambler 500 XLE Trail Quad

The carb is wide open because the motor is shorter and sits lower in the frame. You should not even have to take the plastics off to get it off. I have not tried it yet though, that is just from looking at it.

Again lapdog, go back to the Raptor forums; you are usless to our threads since you have nothing EDUCATED to say about a quad you know NOTHING about!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast