Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 trx300ex

2007 trx300ex

Hey whats up everybody, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I am also new to the atv scene so bare with me. Last month I picked up a 2007 trx300ex. I got the 300 because it was my first ATV and I was an Unexperienced rider, So I stayed away from the 400. When I first started to ride the 300 I thought it was pretty quick. Untill my brother got a suzuki z400. So I had to get some aftermarket parts. here is what I picked up

K&N filter and jet kit w/ outerwear
    SuperTrapp ISDN2 race exaust w/ headers
    1 # down on the front sprocket
    Rev Box
    parking brake eliminator
    pirelli race rail tires front and back
    Full skid plates
    clutch lever
    new handle bars and grips

What do you guys think of my set up? is there anything else you would recomend me doing? I will have pictures soon

Nice start accept front sprocket. I would have went up in size. More top end. I have ran a 12 tooth on the front and did not like it. Next I would start on some suspension upgrades.

i only went down to a 14. I like the low end power in the trails I ride. Hopefully suspension is next what do you recomend

If you have a 14 then its up one because a stock 300ex has a 13 in front. its for more topend but still good in the trails. im running 14/36 gearing its good on the track and the trails.
    "He who has the most money, goes the fastest"

www.Tri-valleyracing.com
    Tri-Valley Racing 300ex
    1993 GMC sonoma
    1994 Lincoln Mark VIII street car
    1996 Ford mustang gt drag car
    Sponsors:
    Cycle Pros
    Bettencourt's
    Tri-Valley Racing
    Tri-Valley Repair
    Starr's market
    FMF
    Factory 909
    Socal/decal works
    Hutch motorsports

i would also get nerf bars
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

good choice in a pipe . I love my Supertrapp and its got a really good sound.

The next thing you should do if you didnt do it already is to re-jet and maybe even remove the air box lid. Then next on the list would be a 11:1 piston. Just get a standard bore one and put it in now why the bore on your cylinder is still fresh.\

Also, definetly get rid of that 12t front sprocket. Thats killing your top end. If you are using 20" rear tires, you are prob topping out at like 45mph...lol. Go to a 14. I raced XC and I used the 14/38 setup.
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

Thanx for all the help guys. As soon as my exhaust gets in Im going to rejet and remove the intake lid. I had originally bought the 14t sprocket and still have it, but the tech at honda told me I would need a whole new chain and I would be better off with the 12t. Is this true?

Originally posted by smokindarts
    Thanx for all the help guys. As soon as my exhaust gets in Im going to rejet and remove the intake lid. I had originally bought the 14t sprocket and still have it, but the tech at honda told me I would need a whole new chain and I would be better off with the 12t. Is this true?
    no. Never listen to dealerships(not trying to offend any one that works at one). The 12 will compleltly kill your riding experience. You will have to shift to like 4th gear before you are even goin glike 20 mph. Put the 14 on. ALl you have to do it remove the case saver, but if you grind the saver down, you can still use it. Then re adjust the chain. There is plenty of slack to put the 14t on.
    Steve #48

Temple University

Yea, the 12t sucks. Got the bike back this morning and it didnt feel good at all, it was way better stock. I still have the 14t, but like I said I'm new to this stuff. So I dont know if I could do the install, I would hate to have honda charge me $70. How hard is it to do this. And whats up with the jetting honda is trying to charge me $200 is there any way around that. They already charged me $385 to install new tires, handle bars, clutch lever, sprocket and skid plates . Im probally getting ripped off.

Originally posted by smokindarts
    Yea, the 12t sucks. Got the bike back this morning and it didnt feel good at all, it was way better stock. I still have the 14t, but like I said I'm new to this stuff. So I dont know if I could do the install, I would hate to have honda charge me $70. How hard is it to do this. And whats up with the jetting honda is trying to charge me $200 is there any way around that. They already charged me $385 to install new tires, handle bars, clutch lever, sprocket and skid plates . Im probally getting ripped off.
    wow! Im so glad I do all my own work. Most of that cost was probaly beacuse of the tires. To change the front sprocket, all you need to do is make the chain as loose as possible and then unbolt the cover on the front sprocket and remove the two bolts. Then slide that sprocket off and put the new one in. When you put the new one in, you will need to remove the case saver. Also, use some red loktite on the sprocket bolts. Then put the cover back on and tighten the chain back up. Thats all.
    Steve #48

Temple University

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast