Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07's and trails

07's and trails

How do they do, im jumping ship from RED, and have a few questons b4 i do. In stock trim im lookign at an 07 GYT-R which has teh adjustable shocks will i need to do anythign else to make it trail ready. Ive got a set of tires, but im just worried about the height and width. ive only ridden an 01 and i did get that tippy feeling. Do the new ones still have that? Shoudl i invest in some lowerign shackles. or +2 a-arms and an axle to make it corner better? Its loosk liek some guys on here are runnign yfz shocks to lower them. Or shoudl i get teh regular 700 and do my own aftermarket shocks?
    07 700 Raptor SE
    Alba Racing Power Kit
    15t sprocket

02 400ex - Turtle Racing 440 Stroker Engine (416 Bore, +4mm Stroke), JE 14.5:1 piston, Sparks Racing FCR 39mm carb, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Full Port and Polish, Curtis Sparks x4 cam, Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust, UM aluminum airbox, ASR +2+1 A-arms, +4 Lonsetar Axle, Houser +1 antivibe, Works Triple rates with Remote Rezzies, Custom blue powdercoat, Maier Gray Plastics, theres nothing like the smell burning 110 octane...PARTING OUT! ASK ME FOR PARTS

Ask me about THE QUAD SHOP

lowering shackles as you put it are for tt racing, not trail riding...

yes the raptor feels tippy, especially if you are coming off of any honda, but it is not as bad as the 660 raptors. i would suggest having the suspension sent to derisi or gt thunder and having them valved for your weight ...this also lowers the ride height

Roseburg Oregon, Stationed in North Dakota
    Mine is not tippy at all. I feel it is a great ride and a ton of fun. My SE rides better stock than my old KFX700 did with ELKAs. I think unless I was really into racing the most I would do to the shocks is have the stockers revalved but you don't need to do that just for trail riding.

Jay
    USAF AMMO WE LIVE SO OTHERS MAY DIE

Well I went with an 07 se, Need to dial the shocks in but O MY thia is thing is nuts!
    07 700 Raptor SE
    Alba Racing Power Kit
    15t sprocket

02 400ex - Turtle Racing 440 Stroker Engine (416 Bore, +4mm Stroke), JE 14.5:1 piston, Sparks Racing FCR 39mm carb, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Full Port and Polish, Curtis Sparks x4 cam, Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust, UM aluminum airbox, ASR +2+1 A-arms, +4 Lonsetar Axle, Houser +1 antivibe, Works Triple rates with Remote Rezzies, Custom blue powdercoat, Maier Gray Plastics, theres nothing like the smell burning 110 octane...PARTING OUT! ASK ME FOR PARTS

Ask me about THE QUAD SHOP

congrats on your purchase
    2006 700R
    SPARKS BIG CORE EXHAUST
    PCIII
    SPARKS RACING AIR FILTER
    15T PRIMARY DRIVE SPROCKET
    GYT-R SKIDS

Originally posted by DESDAK4
    Mine is not tippy at all. I feel it is a great ride and a ton of fun. My SE rides better stock than my old KFX700 did with ELKAs. I think unless I was really into racing the most I would do to the shocks is have the stockers revalved but you don't need to do that just for trail riding.

Jay
    it was tippy compared to my 400ex and 450r...it is a lot better than the 660 raptor was

A buddy has a 660.He just got a 700 and says its like a caddy in the trails.
    grizzly 450
    3000lb champion winch
    26" itp terracross tires
    14" Itp ss212 rims

Originally posted by speedyquad
    it was tippy compared to my 400ex and 450r...it is a lot better than the 660 raptor was
    I jst bought a 05 660 and really don't feel it's "Tippy" unless your talking backwards lol... A guy i know jst bought a 06 700 and DAMMMMMMMN that thing rides like a freaking cadillac!! I can't wait to buy a new one this fall!!

again, if you are used to a honda 400ex or a honda 450r, the raptors feel like they sit high and are more easily tipped than the two mentioned honda bikes...

i simply noticed that the topic starter is coming off of a 400ex to the raptor...the raptor will seem to have a higher center of gravity adn feel like it will be easier to tip over

Originally posted by 440_Turtle
    Well I went with an 07 se, Need to dial the shocks in but O MY thia is thing is nuts!
    dude thats awesome! i'm hoping to have a YFZ or RAPTOR 700 in my garage in a month or two! i'm so pumped! i'm really switching my plans to the raptor 700! it seems like it's a pretty dang kickass quad with a ton of power!

how's the power compare to the four fitty???

congrats on the new wheeler!
    call me XS

2008 KTM 525XC
    (it's fast)

my movies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast