Thread: Trashed rhino tranny

Trashed rhino tranny

My luck sucks lately:
    Yesterday I trashed my rhino engine/trans. It wont pull and it is leaking some oill near the crankcase oil plug. Dealer said Im looking at 3 grand, cause he just fixed one. Is this a common problem? I had it stood up going over a little hill. Then the front end comes down and something snaps. Sounds terrible. Johnboy
    2005 YFZ 450
    2006 660 Rhino SE

What exactly let go? The crank?
    V-Twin King Quad

Its between the crank and the v belt drive pulley. Dealer called it differential. Im going to raise hell with Yamaha if they dont fix it. I ended up fixing my YFZ 450 myself cause the dealer didnt want to try replacing the cdi box under warranty. Thing started missing like crazy after it was 1 week old. They should be a contact with Yamaha USA to report this kind of crap. They are ur best friend till u have trouble. Johnboy
    2005 YFZ 450
    2006 660 Rhino SE

Found someone at Yamaha USA that checked my situation out. I was out of warranty 5 days when it let go. They are gonna take care of it. I was about sick over it, but all is good now. I was running a completely stock machine with well worn tires. Pays to have the Yamaha Extended Service. Ill be buying 3 years worth went they fix my machine..Johnboy
    2005 YFZ 450
    2006 660 Rhino SE

glad tp here it worked out for ya
    V-Twin King Quad

I think your reffering to the "middle drive gear". Thats the correct name anyhow.
    Built 06 Rhino 660 SE.