Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTZ-250 or TRX-250 for the dunes??

LTZ-250 or TRX-250 for the dunes??

Well I guess it's time to upgrade my daughters quad. We were at glamis last weekend and she was having a hard time with the hills on her kasea 150. Our last day there she rode my friends trx-250 and rode the dunes like a champ. Completly blew me away with her riding skills. The only problem I saw with the little honda is the suspension is too bouncy for a lightweight rider. Kinda narrow also. Which quad is the best choice? I hear the suzuki handles better?
    Help me out here guys.
    Thanks in advance!!
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

i have a hoda but ill answer in truth the suzuki is not a popular and not as many parts available but the suz. has 20 ccz more in power but i liked my stock suspension and the looks of the honda i would go with the honda if u wanna do anything with mod wise go look at the suzuki forum some guy has both n hates the suzuki
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

i have a hoda but ill answer in truth the suzuki is not a popular and not as many parts available but the suz. has 20 ccz more in power but i liked my stock suspension and the looks of the honda i would go with the honda if u wanna do anything mod wise go look at the suzuki forum some guy has both and hates the suzuki
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

I've ridden both, and here are my observations:

the Z handles excellently. I was doing full-lock drifts wide open in 4th gear with not even a hint of rolling. In all seriousness, I was blown away by it.

the EX feels like it has more punch. The Z felt mediocre.

I felt the fit and finish on the Honda is better.

the exposed shaft design of the suzuki concerns me.

the 250ex seems to have the better following and the aftermarket too.

I'd choose the EX all over again if i had to.
    Respect is earned, never given.

2002 250ex- SOLD.

Creator of the 250EX Performance FAQ. For 250ex headwork and various porting , please email me at flyinryanporting@gmail.com

the exposed shaft might be really hard on bearings if ur riding in the sand
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

the hondas' drivetrain can take more abuse because the engine is mounted sideways (there isnt an extra gear to connect the trans to the driveshaft) its a simpler design, less breakage. i beat the crap out of mine and i ride on hard pack it holds up like a champ

i havnt ridden a suz so idk about the handleing but i did hear it turns sharper
    2006 250ex
    -FMF Megamax pipe
    -ITP Holeshot GNCC's
    -Motorsport Aluminum XC bumper

LOOKING FOR A 250R....
    ....but im broke

is theirs not longitudely mounted
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

It's a tough call. I have heard great things about both quads.
    I'm buying it for my daughter to ride in the dunes at Glamis. She rode my friends honda 250 for a day and she rode it great. One thing I noticed about the honda was that it has a really bouncy rear suspension. We had three honda's in the groop, and when they went of small jumps the rear end was all over the place. They did very well riding the bowls. I hear the suzuki handles very well. I don't thik power is an issue for either quad because she only weighs 90lbs.
    If I buy used she likes the look of the suzuki better. She said the older model of the honda doesn't look mean enough. I can find either used for 2300-2900 or new for 3500.OTD tough to decide.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

idk about buying quads used n e more u never know how they r maintained
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

im with ya on that i dont trust used quades.... and for honda or suz. i would go with honda only because i no those motors are bullet proof and will most likely out last anything and who knows if ya buy a 250ex and wanna upgrade in a few years your most likly to have a better resale value also...... you can always get wheel spacers or better shocks...... but its your call. heres my 05 but i really like the 06 looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    Sparks X-4 full system exhaust!
    K&N Jet Kit
    K&N air filter and outer wears
    SOLD!
    ------------------------------------------------
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate