Thread: Help Please!

Help Please!

I have an 05 Grizzly 125 and i need some input on the trouble im having with it. Im not sure if i need a new carb or if its just in desperate need of a tune up, but in order for it to stay running gas must be shot into the carb directly otherwise it just dies. Any ideas of what could be done to solve this? Thanks!
    White 08 400ex

Mods:
    AC Nerfs
    UNI filter

Has it been sitting for a while?

A lot of times when a quad sits, especially if the petcock is still on, the fuel in the bowl evaporates but leaves deposits behind. These deposits clog up the jets and it won't run.

First off, if the engine DOES indeed run as long as you squirt gas through the carb, then it generally means the engine is fine.

If it used to run just fine with this carb and this setup, 90% of the time a good carb cleaning (spraying carb cleaner through all the jets, fuel passages, and everything) fixes everything. Go ahead and use the whole can of carb cleaner, it's cheap, clean it really well.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Yes it has sat for awhile and im almost 100% sure that the gas hadnt been turned off and ran till it was all out so i can easily see what you said about it being all gunked up be the problem. But yeah it would run fine but then i guess after it sat for a while and from the gas always being on but not ran it clogged it up so ill try what you said and see what that does to it. thanks!
    White 08 400ex

Mods:
    AC Nerfs
    UNI filter