Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banshee Runs

Originally posted by machwon
    With the torque curve.
    Could you post the dyno run file please for comparison?
    Thanks

Witech, do you have the winpep software? These runs came off our computer in our shop, which is not connected to the internet. Send me a disc and I'll shoot you a copy of the run if you like. PM me or e-mail me at rbracing11@msn.com for more info. Thanks, Bob.
    aka RB Racing

That's a strong one for sure. Sounds like it's a good running stock cylinder bike. Put it on alky and get you a couple more out of it.

Originally posted by Boweman
    hmmm, thats great your banshees are hitting 80hp on the dyno, but on the ground, probly about only 45-50hp is being used because of how much banshees spin. whereas on a 450 with 65 horesepower is probly using more like 50-55 of that hp because they spin so much less.

my dads bike(some of the mods in my sig plus more now) is a 390ex(started out as a 300) is making about 31hp and when his tires where fresh he smoked a banshee with pipes reeds filter ported because the banshee just sat there and spun while my dads bike hooked up and took off.
    That's some pretty messed up logic dont ya think. An 80 horsepower engine is going to be making 80 horses no matter what. However its up to you to figure out how to set up the bike to get all that power to the ground. But to say that a banshee will lose to a 450 everytime due to wheel spin is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I just realized that you said that your dads modded 300ex beat a ported and piped shee with probably more than twice the horsepower. The only way for that to be possible is if A) the guy on the shee didnt know how to ride, B) the banshee was set up horrible and had bald tires, and C) the race was under 300ft.

Originally posted by Boweman
    hmmm, thats great your banshees are hitting 80hp on the dyno, but on the ground, probly about only 45-50hp is being used because of how much banshees spin. whereas on a 450 with 65 horesepower is probly using more like 50-55 of that hp because they spin so much less.

my dads bike(some of the mods in my sig plus more now) is a 390ex(started out as a 300) is making about 31hp and when his tires where fresh he smoked a banshee with pipes reeds filter ported because the banshee just sat there and spun while my dads bike hooked up and took off.
    Thats really funny, because i have a banshee putting out about 55hp. My friend has a 450, pushing out the same hp, 55.
    We are EQUAL riders, same level.
    When i raced him, my tires were spinnin like crazy and his weren't spinning much at all, and i STILL was pulling away from him. We were both pushing our quads, and face it, modern 4-strokes are pretty quick, i give them credit. But late 80's technology 2-strokes can STILL kick there ***.
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

and the reason the banshee isnt in my pro, i made a mistake, the banshee is my dads. But i ride it as much as he does. Its a 99
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

see:
    Attached Images Attached Images

What pipes were the inframes and have you by any chance dynoed this setup on alky? Do you have any dyno runs of a setup like this but with a 4mil and on alky?
    Alex

Originally posted by genoapb
    What pipes were the inframes and have you by any chance dynoed this setup on alky? Do you have any dyno runs of a setup like this but with a 4mil and on alky?
    Here's the same motor on alky. I couldn't find any 4mm runs of a motor I did, just others which were pretty tame builds. I'm sure they would put down high eighties maybe 90. A customer just picked up his drag port 4mm banshee motor today, perhaps I'll have some good 4mm runs soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aka RB Racing

nice torque numbers machone.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast