Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banshee Runs

funny to see these 4 stroke guys be amazed...tons of banshees are in the 60s 70s, 80s and 90 hp range while most thumpers dont leave the 50s

Originally posted by Honda86
    funny to see these 4 stroke guys be amazed...tons of banshees are in the 60s 70s, 80s and 90 hp range while most thumpers dont leave the 50s
    Bet they would be a blast on the MX track

Different strokes for different folks.
    My 2005 TRX450R - Specs, Mods, Dyno Testing, Tech Articles, Pics, Vids, & more.
    | '04 Honda TRX450R - Racers Edge, AZ 545cc "Me Gusta!" Flat Drag Bike |
    | '05 Honda TRX450R - Wicked Motors, MD 450cc "PunisheR" Play Drag Bike |

2 vs 4 stroke

those are good #s but also remember its a twin cylinder, dont bash on the 4 stroke guys we are all just single cylinder . if you could find a 350cc twin 4 stroke you could modify it to get 80 hp and it would rev to 12000 rpm

you might be able to get a 350 twin 4 stroke into the 80s...maybe and if you could, it would take alot more work then a 2 stroke, and of course the 4 stroke would be no where near as relieable....banshees are king of drags and the dunes 20 years and running strong

thats right i forgot 4 strokes are the ones that smoke and need to be rebuild all the time and its the 2 strokes that just last forever ........................NOT

2 strokes as a whole last longer then 450s....the more it smokes, the better it is..if you got oil drippin out the exhaust pipe, the better it is on the crank and bearings

Originally posted by Honda86
    2 strokes as a whole last longer then 450s....the more it smokes, the better it is..if you got oil drippin out the exhaust pipe, the better it is on the crank and bearings
    ...yea seriously and lets see you do a top end on a 4 poke in less than an hour. if you maintain the 2 stroke right then you will only have to replace rings every winter and piston every other winter. thats only 120 bucks at most (unless its a banshee) and only about 2 hours of work time. when you rebuild a 4 poke every other year, or every year if you race, it would be about 2 1/2 - 3 hours on ONE rebuild plus the parts(i'm not sure on the prices). try and compare that.
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

exactly how many 350Xs do you see still going around?? nothing liek the 250rs....2 strokes DO last longer

hmmm, thats great your banshees are hitting 80hp on the dyno, but on the ground, probly about only 45-50hp is being used because of how much banshees spin. whereas on a 450 with 65 horesepower is probly using more like 50-55 of that hp because they spin so much less.

my dads bike(some of the mods in my sig plus more now) is a 390ex(started out as a 300) is making about 31hp and when his tires where fresh he smoked a banshee with pipes reeds filter ported because the banshee just sat there and spun while my dads bike hooked up and took off.
    2002 300ex

Pro taper bars
    AC Nerfs and Grab bar
    DG Bumper amd Skids
    FST engine rebuild w/ oil cooler
    GT Performance suspension
    Works Shocks
    Motion Pro Twist throttle and cables
    Maier plastics
    ASV levers
    K & N Air filter
    Durablue axle
    Lonestar Barrier Carrier
    Lonestar Brake off kit
    D n T exhaust system

More mods to come....

Originally posted by Boweman
    hmmm, thats great your banshees are hitting 80hp on the dyno, but on the ground, probly about only 45-50hp is being used because of how much banshees spin. whereas on a 450 with 65 horesepower is probly using more like 50-55 of that hp because they spin so much less.

my dads bike(some of the mods in my sig plus more now) is a 390ex(started out as a 300) is making about 31hp and when his tires where fresh he smoked a banshee with pipes reeds filter ported because the banshee just sat there and spun while my dads bike hooked up and took off.

IF YOUR SPINNIN YOU AINT WINNIN!!!

SOUNDS LIKE RIDER ERROR AND CRAP TIRE/SUSPENSION SETUP. THE AVERAGE SHEE OWNER DUMPS 90% OF THEIR COIN ON HP AND NEGLECTS THE TIRE/SUSPENSION FOR HOOKING UP.
    YOU FIND THE ONES THAT DO IT RIGHT AND YOUR EATING DIRT AND BREATHING THAT SWEET 2-STROKE SMOKE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast