Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Banshee Runs

As a old school vet i have ridden lots of fast bikes and quads over the yrs but riding a built banshee is a experience in itself.Its possible to get 90hp out of stock banshee cylinders with a 4mm crank,what other machine makes this kind of hp readily accessible for little cost?Mine sits close to 65hp or so and its just ridiculous...i couldnt imagine a built cub set up
    426ex,lt250r banshee and kfx700 v force,yz250 mx bike

Im surprised at the alky results, hardly gained anything! I was expecting it to jump closer to 90hp. Did you spend as much time tuning the alky setup as the gas or just simply switched fuels? Wish I could remember to check back here more often but since I got married ive been kinda out of the game. At any rate my rb port seems closer to 90hp on alky but im running 38mm carbs and rdz out of frames and a dyna ignition with standard 17cc domes and as you know ive been 4.2s on michigan tracks. Ive just added a 4mil and recut the domes and port matched the cases. Hopefully I will see a little more out of it this year! Wish I had the time to come dyno tune our motors with you.
    Alex

Originally posted by genoapb
    Im surprised at the alky results, hardly gained anything! I was expecting it to jump closer to 90hp. Did you spend as much time tuning the alky setup as the gas or just simply switched fuels? Wish I could remember to check back here more often but since I got married ive been kinda out of the game. At any rate my rb port seems closer to 90hp on alky but im running 38mm carbs and rdz out of frames and a dyna ignition with standard 17cc domes and as you know ive been 4.2s on michigan tracks. Ive just added a 4mil and recut the domes and port matched the cases. Hopefully I will see a little more out of it this year! Wish I had the time to come dyno tune our motors with you.
    Hello Alex. Yes, not much gained there but not much changed either. The domes design was the same and nothing else was changed. The motor would definitely benefit from some larger carbs as well. Of course this is a 5 year old motor design now, I definitely do some things different today.

I hear you on the married, I added kids and hardly get out to ride. I still do the same amount of motor work and with kids I have now gotten into the mini quads. I really enjoy making those little mini's go. My daughter has been bugging me to enter her in a drag race this year. So if there is a race with lots of mini's let me know.

You definitely put down some excellent times with your stock stroke banshee motor. The 4 mill will add alot more torque and likely another 10 hp. Keep me posted on how it goes.
    aka RB Racing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234