Thread: 400ex suspension?'s

400ex suspension?'s

I plan on getting a-arms and shocks for my son's 300ex. When I order a-arms does it matter what year 400ex I get or are they all the same? I plan on going with Houser +2's with Elkas.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

they all work all years just to tell you the a arms are gonna be 4 inches wider because 400ex stock a arms on a 300ex is +2 that will be a nice setup

u need a shock relocater from jb racing they make the best
    Jesse Peterson #14

1992 Honda trx250sxf. KTM thumper hybrid JB. LSR. ELKA. FULLBORE. AC. TAG
    1996 Honda 300EX, Long Travel!! GDH. SPARKS. UNI. MAIER. TCS. DOUGLAS. MAXXIS (practice quad)
    1999 foreman, 450s
    94 Blaster
    97 z50r..... the PIT BIKE

Thanx to my sponsors

X~stream compsites, Renthal, Mom and Dad

should I go with a +1 or a +2? this quad will be used for mx
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Go with the +2 you will be happy in the end. It won't make it exactly 4" wider. The 400ex a arms are only about 1 1/2" wider than 300ex.

I have +2 400ex a arms with 3+2 offset wheels on our 300ex and it measures like 46 inches wide in the front.
    MOTOX SUPPORT RIDER
    ENGINES BUILT BY Insane Illusions Designs
    2005 450R mx machine
    2001 400EX xc machine

Originally posted by N300exJ
    I have +2 400ex a arms with 3+2 offset wheels on our 300ex and it measures like 46 inches wide in the front.

i have +2 300ex a-arms anf 3+2 rims and its 47 or 46, i depends on the tire i am running that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who has the most money, goes the fastest"

www.Tri-valleyracing.com
    Tri-Valley Racing 300ex
    1993 GMC sonoma
    1994 Lincoln Mark VIII street car
    1996 Ford mustang gt drag car
    Sponsors:
    Cycle Pros
    Bettencourt's
    Tri-Valley Racing
    Tri-Valley Repair
    Starr's market
    FMF
    Factory 909
    Socal/decal works
    Hutch motorsports

Anyone use any of these setups for the trails/woods? If so how does it handle?
    '04 300ex
    AC Nerf Bars
    Razr Rear Tires
    Yoshimura Comp Series Silencer
    K&N Intake

my ex mainly seen mx use but when i rode the trails i could still fly between the trees heres my set up
    just posting something for all you 250X/300ex riders that still have stock suspension and want to upgrade and not burn a hole in your wallet

1st buy a used 400ex front end(shocks, a-arms, and tie rods) thats not worn out check all the bushings and change them if they are getting wore out
    2nd remove stock 300ex componets and well keep them and sell them a friend or whoever whos in need of some parts.

3rd take your bike to an exprienced fabricator because well your shock towers will have to be cut and raised roughly3 inches but get it tacked on first and bolt on your 400ex front and set it till the suspension is perfectly level. this is what my mechanic and welder did for me and well its worked perfect for me so far you should gain 3inches of suspension travel. while this is being done get a good brace built between the frame rails it strenghtens the frame and your shock towers big time
    once your front end is set up perfect and aligned you should be good to go.
    here are some pictures to show you the modifacation
    shock towers cut

shock towers raised with brace in between frame rails

round tubing we added as gussets for the frame

i hope this helps honestly we should have a stick thread because every weel its constantly brought up
    Retired ATV MXer turned wheelchair racer T-53 classification. Canadas first paraplegic to race motocross
    Twitter: @BenBrown191
    Facebook Fan Page: Ben Brown
    Sponsors: Challenged Athletes Foundation, Frasers Pro Home Center, Fundy Xpress Transport, MacDondald Chisolm Trask Insurance, Kentville Mazda,Northridge Farms/Plant It Earth Natural Lawn Care, Somerset Market, SUpplement King New Minas, Valley and Mirror and Winning Edge Sports

I would suggest a 300ex geometery Long travel set-up myself, From what I have rode on 400ex front ends they handle smoother and a little bit better. I also think the total package looks better too. Just opinion....
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com