Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArcticCats?

ArcticCats?

I tried to ask members in the other section of the form and had no response I would apreciate any views on the Cat's 400 and 500's Autos or manual I am concidering purchasing both for the wife and me and possabilities of 2 90cc's for the kids I would really like to hear from some of you Cat lovers on what to do Thanx Mudslinger

i honestly think there way better quadz
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

I have some friends who love their articcats over the Hondas they owned previously.
    I would love to have the prowler
    Teufel

Appalachian Motorsports
    Appalachianmotorsports.com

METZGERHUND MOTORSPORTS

We have done everythin to our cat and you can't beat it. maby if you got luck bombardea but they don't come close
    "Fend for yourself"

Very durable machines, if you ride slower and put I would get the 500 because it is liquid cooled. 500 is also not as cold blooded. the 90s are pretty good machines and can be sped up substantially by removing the carb stop and clutch stop when the kids get better at riding.
    2004 DVX 400
    -FST 500 big bore/stroker, cams, valvesprings, revbox, ported head, Yoshimura full exhaust, Edlebrock carb, custom airbox/batterybox and headlight eliminator, elka shocks, janssen swing arm, gibson a-arms and steering stem, LSR gusset kit, AC nerfbars and bumper.

2008 KTM 525
    -Rath nerfs and bumper, KTM a-arms, Twin-Air filters, Hiper wheels with razrs, precision dampener, Flexx bars, bored carb, 13:1 CP piston, 806 cam, Weapon exhaust, Renthal chain and sprockets, quad-tech hood, FourWerx parts
    -2009 sponsors-661, Oneal, Works Connection, CP Pistons, SMX Optics, Amsoil, Weapon MX, Twin Air, Renthal, ASV Inventions, Steve's Sports Center, Chuck's Welding and Repair

them cats can eat up every thing for lunch.. my bro has 2 cats... ones a 00 500 auto(suzuki motor).. and the others a 06 650(kiwi motor) and that 500 hasnt gave him one prob yet.. my mom and dad are buyin it from 500 him some time... he just got the 650... it beat my blaster in a drag.... they are the best 4X4 i think that you can buy... there have the best ground clearance stock and they are very strong... i think it would be sweet to have a pimped out mudder!
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

I just bought an 07 400 manual on Saturday and took it out, I love the huge fuel tank. I put 90 km on it and it only dropped one bar on the digital fuel gauge. It cruises nicely in 5th gear around 60-65 km/hr but can go faster. If you want any more info let me know
    1986 250R Original Mint Condition on a pedestal in the basement
    2003 400EX
    HMF
    Stage 1 Cam
    Weisco 10:1
    K/N

Thumbs up arctic cats

My wife and I own 4 cats all 2005, 250, 300, 400, & 500. My wife is a musher and for that reason they are all manual transmissions. If you are into mud and deep water the manual only requires one snorkel to air box. No cvt breather to worry about. We also chose arctic cat for having disk brakes instead of drum. Drum brakes freeze up too easily. The disk brakes will also hold a team of malamutes on any surface except loose gravel.
    The two smaller ones are used for training dogs when there is no snow. The 400 and 500 are for play! My stepson owns my first one, another 500. He is a very aggressive rider and has over 3500 miles on his machine. We have had no major problems with any of the machines. We have ridden all the machines hard in Minnesota mud and Mt. Hood Oregon snow parks and many other ORV areas. The electrical system on cats will support high powered lights, and hand warmers.
    We did oil changes every season, and used arctic cat synthetic oil. Our worst problem with them has been CV boots. This year we have replaced 3, 2 on one bike.
    They always start, never stall, idle well, and take us most places we want to go. Put aggresive tires on them and you are almost unstopable! GET THE ARCTIC CAT
    here's a photo of the motor pool

I just bought a 250 used and need to get it licensed. I can't find the VIn number. Since some of you have a 250 I'd appreciate any help in finding it's location.

It should be on the rear part of the frame. It is stamped into the steel tube and is also on a white sticker on the frame.
    2004 DVX 400
    -FST 500 big bore/stroker, cams, valvesprings, revbox, ported head, Yoshimura full exhaust, Edlebrock carb, custom airbox/batterybox and headlight eliminator, elka shocks, janssen swing arm, gibson a-arms and steering stem, LSR gusset kit, AC nerfbars and bumper.

2008 KTM 525
    -Rath nerfs and bumper, KTM a-arms, Twin-Air filters, Hiper wheels with razrs, precision dampener, Flexx bars, bored carb, 13:1 CP piston, 806 cam, Weapon exhaust, Renthal chain and sprockets, quad-tech hood, FourWerx parts
    -2009 sponsors-661, Oneal, Works Connection, CP Pistons, SMX Optics, Amsoil, Weapon MX, Twin Air, Renthal, ASV Inventions, Steve's Sports Center, Chuck's Welding and Repair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast